Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why was post deleted?
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
brikface
Why did you delete my post about ######? Was there anything untrue in it? And when you delete a post don't you think you should PM the user with an explanation?
jeanphilippe
Hostony is not correct if they resell ###### virtual private servers for more $$ and provide nothing more than ######!?
jeanphilippe
Judge by youself

http://www.hostony.com/virtual.html
http://######.com/hosting/virtual.htm

dry.gif
brikface
This thread will be deleted too... I don't want to hurt Hostony. But it looks like there's a necessary lesson to be learned here... Maybe to spend a couple hundred bucks on a non-Ukrainian to write the text of your website which is targeted mostly at Americans?
jeanphilippe
QUOTE(brikface @ Jul 23 2004, 03:23 AM)
This thread will be deleted too... I don't want to hurt Hostony. But it looks like there's a necessary lesson to be learned here... Maybe to spend a couple hundred bucks on a non-Ukrainian to write the text of your website which is targeted mostly at Americans?

Ouch tongue.gif
MartinB
you can't choose a hosting company for make your business and put your head in their hands only for the month price, i have learned this lesson hardly the past years wink.gif
Danimal
Well there you go. If it's cheaper... go there. rolleyes.gif
keitaro
There will always be someone who charges less. There will always be someone who offers more. Bla bla bla. Take it from someone who has hopped over 10 hosts in the past 10 months, that if you go for the "More for less" you will end up screwed when that company decides to fold without warning you. Price means nothing. Space and bandwidth means nothing. Repuation.. now that is something you should look for. Repuation and how long they were in business. Because if they are new, or have a bad rep, prepared to be screwed. Which is cheaper? Spending less a month and moving every few months, or getting a nice stable host you can trust. Being that I been through this, i choose the latter. So just get over it.
brikface
QUOTE(keitaro @ Jul 23 2004, 01:54 PM)
There will always be someone who charges less.

You're not quite getting what the problem is here. The text of the Hostony VPS page is word-for-word identical to the ###### VPS page. There's nothing wrong with Hostony reselling ###### server space (if that's what's happening), and of course Hostony would need to charge a little more to make any money themselves out of the deal... but to just lift ######'s website text and use it as their own without any stated relationship with ######? That ain't good.
brikface
And before I leave this topic alone for good, I'll say one more thing to the Hostony forum admins and to Serge: you should rethink how you respond to people like me. The nature of the Web puts a lot of potential power into the hands of a user who feels he's being treated badly. I came to this pre-sales forum looking for good reasons to bring you a premier client. I asked for examples of serious businesses using Hostony VPS. I was given no references and one off-the-cuff forum reply. I gave Serge a private email address which he could have used to make the case for Hostony, but he chose not to. Then I post about the "borrowed" website text from ######, and what it might mean about the Hostony-###### relationship, and the post gets deleted without even a PM explaining why... I'm not someone who likes to stir up trouble and I still think Hostony is a much better than average company for shared hosting. But I could have been someone who likes to makes trouble, and I could have gone over to webhostingtalk.com and other places and done *serious* damage to Hostony's reputation. So, Hostony, here's a fancy English word you should add to your vocabularies: "solicitous". When dealing with somebody like me, be a little solicitous and save your company from some very bad potential damage.
keitaro
QUOTE(brikface @ Jul 23 2004, 02:54 PM)
The text of the Hostony VPS page is word-for-word identical to the ####### VPS page.

...... Uh no. I don't know what you've been smoking but they are NOT word for word.

####### offers less space for less price (6gb for $35) whereas Hostony offers more space for more cost (7gb for $60). So please enlighten me on where you see a word for word copy. Also, just so you know, even if it was a word for word copy, most resellers allow that, so what business is it of yours anyway?

(Edited by Keitaro for Hostony since they missed it)
brikface
QUOTE(keitaro @ Jul 23 2004, 03:23 PM)
...... Uh no. I don't know what you've been smoking but they are NOT word for word.

Uh, yes-- word for word.

###### text at http://######.com/hosting/virtual.htm :

"Take advantage of this unique way to run your own server, affordably! Our Virtual Private Servers (VPS) are the perfect solution for small- to medium-sized businesses, programmers, webmasters and web hosting resellers. Combined with our top-notch connectivity and support, this technology is a powerful answer to modern hosting needs. All of our virtual private servers are placed on our premium Intelligent Path Network."

Hostony text at http://www.hostony.com/virtual.html:

"Take advantage of this unique way to run your own server, affordably! Our Virtual Private Servers (VPS) are the perfect solution for small- to medium-sized businesses, programmers, webmasters and web hosting resellers. Combined with our top-notch connectivity and support, this technology is a powerful answer to modern hosting needs.
All of our virtual private servers are placed on our premium Intelligent Path Network."

So I don't know what you been shooting up, Skippy. And what business is it of mine when I'm shopping for a VPS plan and discover Hostony is (probably) repackaging ######'s plan at over $20 more/mo. and the only real difference is 7GB with Hostony compared with 6GB at ######? You tell me.
keitaro
oh whoopie doo. you should post at webhosttalk coz they will just laugh you in your face the the idiot you are. because they know more than you do. like the fact that most DS/VDS companies that allow resellers require the reseller to charge more, so that they are not competiting with them. Think of this. You run a server. You charge $20 for a plan. You allow resellers to sell this same plan for $10. If people know this bond, who are they gonna choose. You or the dude who is using you but is cheaper. Its only logic. Hostony charges more, but not by choice. Go ahead, get smacked in the face as WHT. I wanna join in and watch smile.gif (ntm give free advertising to Hostony's kick ass shared plans).
brikface
keitaro, you're a joke. You said the text isn't word-for-word, and IT IS. You say I'd get laughed out of webhostingtalk. I've been posting there since before that stray gamma ray blasted your father's seminiferous tubules to create the mutation that became you... Cutting/pasting another company's website text is bush league, ok? Saying "our Intelligent Path network" when it's ######'s is bush league, ok? I'm bothering to type all this because I think the Hostony people are basically nice guys and I want to help them avoid destroying their own reputation. It looks like they're not listening. Ohhh well... As for you, get lost punk.
jeanphilippe
And all updates are the same and all applications are the same, list in the same order.

Premium Bandwidth

hostony
50  75  Gb/mo
75  100  Gb/mo
100  150  Gb/mo
200 Gb/mo

50 75 GB/month
75 100 GB/month
100 150 GB/month
200 GB/month

Minimum Guaranteed RAM

hostony
64 Mb  128 Mb
128 Mb  192 Mb
192 Mb  256 Mb
256  320 Mb

64 MB 128 MB
128 MB 192 MB
192 MB 256 MB
256 MB 320 MB

VPSs per server

hostony
< 60  < 30
< 30  < 20
< 20  < 15
< 15  < 10

< 60  < 30
< 30  < 20
< 20  < 15
< 15  < 10
Serge
First off I would like to note that our forums are private support hosting forums of hostony.com. They are for customer-to-customer help with using OUR services. And we don't tolerate direct or indirect promotion of other hosting companies.
That's why posts with links to other hosting companies are deleted.

As for the text. Our VPS servers are based on Virtuozzo technology used by majority of VPS providers and first paragraph is taken from their Virtuozzo white paper. As copyright owner of the phrase they had nothing against it and the text was there for almost a year now.

"Intelligent Path Network" is how Internap brands their own BGP network and since VPS are on their network we state that.
jeanphilippe
QUOTE(Serge @ Jul 23 2004, 06:07 PM)
First off I would like to note that our forums is private support hosting forums of hostony.com. They are for customer-to-customer help with using OUR services. And we don't tolerate direct or indirect promotion of other hosting companies.
That's why posts with links to other hosting companies are deleted.

Now as for the text. Our VPS servers are based on Virtuozzo technology used by magority of VPS providers and first paragraph is taken from their Virtuozzo white paper. As copyright owner of the phrase they had nothing against it and the text was there for almost a year now.

"Intelligent Path Network" is how Internap brands their own BGP network and since VPS are on their network we state that.

Thanks you for this usefull answer! That's what customers want to hear.

If I understand correctly, you are hosting VPS on your OWN servers?
Serge
jeanphilippe
Once again VPS are based on the same technology Virtuozzo and thus all technical staff is the same for most hosting companies that use it.
MartinB
wow i am learning a lot of new insults in english!
jeanphilippe
QUOTE(mblendinger @ Jul 23 2004, 06:20 PM)
wow i am learning a lot of new insults in english!

lol

and now it's a little bit more clear wink.gif

thanks to serge
Danimal
Hey everyone! I found a website that uses "the" in one of their paragraphs! Hostony uses "the" in one of their paragraphs! They are ripoff artists! Obviously they stole the copy and not the other way around! I think I'll make 97,000,000,000,000 posts about this! Yes, SPAM the bejeezus out of the forum! I'll use big words and try to sound smart even though no one will believe it! All this without even being a member! I'll talk about Hostony destroying their reputation even though no one here cares about what I have to say! IT'S FUN TO BE 13!!!!!!!!! YAYAYAYAY!!!!! LOLLOOL!!!! LOOK AT ME EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

rolleyes.gif

NOW... can we please delete this thread and ban these bozos? Please?
brikface
Danimal, I'm a member and a Profi owner, so learn to talk out of your mouth, not the other end. My concerns are totally legit and anyone in their right mind shopping for VPS would have asked these questions.

Equating the word "the" with an entire paragraph is just brainless, y`know?

Sorry the "big words" turned you off. Some people think anyone using an occasional 4 or 5 syllable word must be a snob or a poser. But maybe what's really happening is reverse-snobbery or reverse-posing, eh? Why do you think I would care in the slightest how a few kiddies react to me on the Hostony forum? I'm trying to let Hostony know some of their business practices could use a little changing and, in truth, I think they'll take something good out of this.

--
BrikFace
Serge
Ok guys. Please don't enter in flame war finally. It's just a waste of time, though constructive discussions are always a source of thoughts and encourage for improvements. Let's not cross the barrier and get only the best possible from this thread.
keitaro
QUOTE(Serge @ Jul 23 2004, 07:41 PM)
Ok guys. Please don't enter in flame war finally. It's just a waste of time, though constructive discussions are always a source of thoughts and encourage for improvements. Let's not cross the barrier and get only the best possible from this thread.

brikface seems to be throwing most the poo at the wall so perhaps just ban him? heh.

--

QUOTE(brikface)
Cutting/pasting another company's website text is bush league, ok? Saying "our Intelligent Path network" when it's ######'s is bush league, ok?

Assumption is bush league, ok? False acquisition is bush league, ok?
brikface
QUOTE(keitaro @ Jul 24 2004, 04:06 PM)
QUOTE(brikface)
Cutting/pasting another company's website text is bush league, ok? Saying "our Intelligent Path network" when it's ######'s is bush league, ok?

Wrong yet again, Katie. Ok? The text is another company's and shouldn't be up there. It's no big crime, but it doesn't look good. And if Hostony wants to say they participate in this "Intelligent Path Network", fine. But don't go saying "Our Intelligent Path Network"... What is it, Kate? You think they're gonna give you a free upgrade or sumthin if you keep licking their boots?
Danimal
brikface seems to be throwing most the poo at the wall so perhaps just ban him? heh.

No way! I'm going to call names and throw around insults and tell you I don't care what you say. I'm going to get really defensive but claim not to care! By droning on and calling names it shows how I don't care! You are all kiddies but I don't care!

laugh.gif rolleyes.gif
keitaro
QUOTE(brikface @ Jul 24 2004, 06:30 PM)
QUOTE(brikface)

Wrong yet again, Katie. Ok? The text is another company's and shouldn't be up there. It's no big crime, but it doesn't look good. And if Hostony wants to say they participate in this "Intelligent Path Network", fine. But don't go saying "Our Intelligent Path Network"... What is it, Kate? You think they're gonna give you a free upgrade or sumthin if you keep licking their boots?

Why don't you google for the phrase "Our Intelligent Path Network". and go whine to those companies then. Yeah thats what I thought.

And where the #### do you get "Katie" from a Japanese Anime character name, or are you too dumb to notice that it's a Japanese name?

rolleyes.gif

I agree with you Danimal, he's just a waste of time and this will be my last reply to satisfy his hunger for flame. Sorry brikky, looks like you'll starve til ya start another useless thread.

(psst Danimal i bet if we asked him wut company he works for he wont respond or will say "its none of your business" because he knows either 1) he doesnt work for squat 2) his boss would fire his immature ### if he seen this thread)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here