Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: setting up ssl connection
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Xuarius
On the hosting plan's it says optional for SSL, so I just installed a shopping cart how would I go about creating a ssl connection for the shopping cart?

Thanks,
Kevin
Alec
To get an SSL you need to purchase a dedicated ip and SSL certificate from third company. Also we can set up a self-signed (not trusted) certificate on your site for free
Xuarius
any idea how much this will cost?
dragonfli
Serge or some other staff member can quote you a price for ip (the least of your expenses),
as far as a third party certificate, price depends on company and type of cert.
a place to start looking is XRamp. They have a price comparison chart that lists the major companies you might deal with (of course they show you this because their price is lowest)
and as Alex has mentioned; Hostony is willing to help you set up a self signed certificate or free.
Serge
Xuarius,

You can get a self signed certificate for free from us. Just contact support and tell fopr which domain you need it to be generated.

In case you need a certificate signed by authority we can sell you GeoTrust Certificate 128 bit certificate at $99.85/year.

Dedicated ips are $3/mo
delete852
how would i go about getting one of those self-signed certificates?
Alec
Open a support ticket, notify your host name and provide us with the following info:

Country (two-letters code)
State/province
Location (city, town, etc)
Organization name
Organization division
Common name (usually just a site name)
Contact email.

Note that ssl installation will change ip address of your domain, It may cause a short downtime of your sites due to DNS repropagation
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here