Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CRON JOB limitations
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Russ
I was curious if you limit the number of cron scripts or the number of times one script can be executed. I've seen some other sites that do limit and wanted to double check before I signed up.
Alec
We don't limit quantity of frequency of cron jobs. But any your cron job shouldn't take more that 5% of total server resources. If you run several cron jobs simultaneously this limitation is shared on all these processes
Ed
On the subject of cron jobs, since I haven't tested it yet I'll just ask here...

Is it possible, and how do I run cron jobs from PHP files? I have done this on other servers, but want to clearify how you would prefer I do this, if its possible here.

Thanks
Vanya
Cron simly runs some commands at needed time. You can run them using php as well.
Ed
Ok great! One client I did some work for, their host required you to add in running another command before the php file for it to execute. This way is much easier! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here