Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Server has a virus?
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
N. Veryha
Hello,

I am on server 7, and I've been getting numerous emails saying that (name)@dc3k.com has sent an email that contains a virus. However, I do not have any emails by the name jake, jack, etc.

Has this server been infected with a new virus? It's spamming emails like crazy, I've received about 30 in the past five minutes.

Thank you.
Vanya
Post thw whole message please with it's headers. Or send it to support@hostony.com
N. Veryha
support ticket sent, and the article is available here
Serge
No, we are not infected. We just cannot be infected by mydoom because we run generally linux and you are on linux and to the top we don't read mail on teh server smile.gif

We just hit by large amount of bogus traffic created by this virus. Obviously your email was in smb's addressbook whoase PC was infected with mydoom and mydoom started to send mails here and there using your email in From: field. That's why you get bounces.

Below is how virus is distributed.

In its movement through the Internet, Mydoom works like a standard e-mail virus: A Windows PC user activates the virus by opening its message's virus- laden attachment, and the virus sends itself out to the addresses it finds in the PC's address book. It also tries to spread by copying itself into any shared directories in the PC that are used by the KaZaA peer-to-peer file sharing network.
N. Veryha
Okay, sorry about that, I just wasn't too sure, and I didn't want to be closed because of spam.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
N. Veryha
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here