Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IMAP
Hostony Board > General Support > Mail
DPerdue
Hey, I've just started hosting my site with hostony and I use IMAP for checking my e-mail. The only thing is that it is extremely slow. It takes me 10-20 seconds to change folders and to initially check my e-mail and such. I have another IMAP account on someone else's server and it is much faster. If this is standard then that is fine. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a config option somewhere.
Vanya
What speed do you get downloading your mail?
DPerdue
I'm not sure I understand your question. All I know is that when I'm using an IMAP client (currently thunderbird) it's very slow connecting to my servers. Slower than webmail. I didn't think it should be that slow. If there is a way to check the connection speed that I am unaware of, please let me know how.
Vanya
Imap server looks fine.
Try to use different imap client.
doc-squared
Mine has always been really really slow here also! I use outlook express. I'd venture to bet it's not the client.

Brett.
doc-squared.com
LP_
I'm using Outlook (Office XP) and it's very slow to connect too (10-20 seconds) but once it's open it seems better. I haven't tried d/l big attachments though.
DPerdue
Thanks for the replies. I really doubted it was the client as well. I just wonder what makes it so slow. I have another IMAP acount and click on a folder and it comes right up. I wish it was faster, but I am going to stick with IMAP because of all the benefits.
thanks folks
blackburnrovers
i have always had pretty slow imap access with hostony. when i first joined hostony my mail access crawled. when copying mails from one folder to another it took forver. i am on a different server now and my speed is MUCH better. it is still not ultra-fast, but i can live with it. i was used to having my email hosted on a great, powerful unix box, and i guess i got spoiled.
Kendric Moxon
XX
Alexandre
Please try now.
Kendric Moxon
XX
Vanya
Open a ticket please and send there your login and pass.
We'll test if this is a server-side problem.
Kendric Moxon
xx
Alec
Please check imap connection on server 17.
If this fix will help we'll do the same thing on the other servers
Kendric Moxon
xx
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here