Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Few questions before ordering.
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
fordwheeler
1) What kind of image manipulation software is installed on your hosts. For example: GD Lib. Imagemagick, etc.

2) How do you go about notifying your customers of downtime. If any?

3) I have been with Chitie/Hostgroup1 for the last 6 months. And have been extremely unhappy with their service. Always down and never respond to customer questions. Never a notification to their customers. (Cna you tell I can't stand them)

Anyway, since Hostgroup1 has gone under new ownership their new servers are great. Just to get any kind of question answered is like pulling teeth. I have gained some functionality but lost alot too. Like the imaging tools. I have a lot of scripts that call up GD Lib. So, I must have it installed on the next host I go to.

Thanks in advance.
Serge
1) What kind of image manipulation software is installed on your hosts. For example: GD Lib. Imagemagick, etc.
We have GD 2.04 on new boxes.

2) How do you go about notifying your customers of downtime. If any?
We have not yet any scheduled downtime only issues when it was unexpected. In any case we email customers.

3) I have been with Chitie/Hostgroup1 for the last 6 months. And have been extremely unhappy with their service. Always down and never respond to customer questions. Never a notification to their customers. (Cna you tell I can't stand them)
Well we are not angels and downtime do happen from time to time to some users. It is life and not everything depends on us. But the only thing we do our best to resolve issues that happen. You can read the forum and decide for yourself whether to switch to us or not.
fordwheeler
Thanks for the quick reply. So far the only downfall I have with your service is the fact that Safe Mode is enabled. Which limits what a user can do with custom scripts.

Another question? Where are your servers located ? I know this may be answered somewhere on your site and I will continue to look.
Serge
Thanks for the quick reply. So far the only downfall I have with your service is the fact that Safe Mode is enabled. Which limits what a user can do with custom scripts.
Well, in case of shared hosting I would not call it a downfall, rathe a feature. If you need access to particular folder or some variables enabled for your domain, comtact support. As for folders php allows creation a list of folders that virtual account can access in safemode. Also some features can be enabled just for certain virtual account.

Another question? Where are your servers located ? I know this may be answered somewhere on your site and I will continue to look.

Servers Are locate in Atlanta, GA at 56 Marietta Street.
Anonymous
We have GB 2.04 on new boxes.

What is GB 2.04? I have been searching for this, but can not find any information about this. What does the acronym GB stand for?
Serge
Sorry there was a typo. It should be GD 2.04
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here