Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: File Transfer and other questions
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
angie@shadesofshame.net
Hey,

My name is Angie, I currently own the domain SHADESOFSHAME.NET. I'm hosted with DigitaliBiz.com and they've been great so far... the only problem is, I did not know their servers were Windows based up until after I had already been hosted by them for about 2 months. On Windows you're not able to CHMOD things which is really a headache for me, because I use a lot of PHP and CGI based kind of programs that require LINUX or UNIX.

With that being said, I want to transfer to Hostony. I have a few questions about it...

1.) I have many files and many sites already on my account with DigitaliBiz. Will you guys transfer all my files and sites or will I have to download all my files and do it myself once I have moved to Hostony?

2.) There is a 30-day-money-back guarantee, right? I want to try your hosting and see how much I like it for a month. If after that I don't like it, will I get my money back?

3.) I already have my domain name registered at GoDaddy.com. For some reason though, DigitaliBiz made me pay an additional 14.95 when I started hosting with them. Will you guys charge me for the domain transfer? I still want to keep GoDaddy.com as my registrar.

That's about all the questions I've got. Thanks for your time.

Angie biggrin.gif
Serge
Moved with this to email. For other customers that look for the answers to similar questions:

- we may help with transfering your files and Cpanel allows to transfer whole accounts with all the settings saved from other Cpanel boxes. If you want to transfer your files from other Control panels you'll be able to only transfer files/databases.

- you are not obligated to use our name registration services and can have domain name with any other domain name registrar. And certainly we won't charge you for this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here