Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oscommerce upgrade
Hostony Board > General Support > PHP/MySQL
dragonfli
I am developing a store and it is going quite well. I plan to go live by the end of the month.
During the course of development however I have found that most of the contributions are written for oscommerse2.2 milestone 2. I have thus far solved my problem by modifying the code of the contributions to work with whatever version c-panel has installed for me (this has been very tedious).
I have installed a second store that I would like to upgrade to 2.2 milestone 2 to make better use of the contributions and eventualy move all of my products over to this second store. The only problem is that when I tried to upgrade my fresh install, c-panel gets lost looking for a page it can't find.
I have uploaded the new release to my root dir and I was hoping you can help me to upgrade my second store to this version. If I supply you with the proper information can you help with this dilema?

Thanks for any help you can supply
Alec
Tell me your server ip address and username.
dragonfli
qstore

there are two stores there, the one i'm trying to upgrade is in dir "national"
oscommerce 2.2 milestone 2 is in dir "oscommerce 2.2 milestone 2"
smile.gif
Vanya
Try to update it now.
dragonfli
Closer; but not quite.
It goes to a page called oscommerce setup
but there is nothing there but the title and no options.
and the only link on that page is the "back" link.
Just to be sure I checked the files in the oscommerce folder and they appear to be the same (not updated).

ok now I tried using the upgrade.php from the version I uploaded

I tried adding a new user to the database but the server just plain won't let me in my own database no matter what I do.
I will go back to the oscommerce forums and see if any of those guys know how to use that upgrade.php correctly.

All I learned from oscomerce forums was that the version of oscommerce I have already instaled is 2.2CVS and that 2.2MS2 is much prefered (and structured differently)
dragonfli
Thanks for the help But I worked it out.
Succesful fresh install of most current oscommerce! tongue.gif
Like a moron I used the ip addy rather than "localhost" to connect to database, thats why it didn't work the first time.
You should contact c-panel tho and see if you can get them to help you get a more current install to work from c-panel or at least get there update function to work.
Almost all contributions available from OSC community are written for a 2.2ms2 installation and will not function properly on CVS version.
Stanly
So your osCommerse is upgraded? smile.gif
dragonfli
Yes, Sort Of. wink.gif
It was easier to start over with a brand new installation of newest version( which I did. )
I didn't use cpanel but rather the install file supplied in the download of new version. Found Here. Instructions are included as well.
as far as I know c-panel is still unable to uprade or even recognize the version it installs. In the end all I used C-panel For was to create a new database for the store to use. (via manage mysql).
I imagine the same methods could be used to install newest versions of Nuke or Invisionboard as well.
All is well that ends well,
tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here