Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: restricting certain folders to users with username & pas
Hostony Board > General Support > HowTo
cashcomm
I once made a folder on a website unaccesable to people without and username and or password.

It was easy than I thought it would be.

When I logged out of the Control Panel I was left with the impression that I would be able to add or delete users, change passwords for accesing that particular folder etc.

Well I'm back in my control panel looking for a way to access this facility and I thought I had found it by clicking the "Web protect" or the "Index icon but they don't let me do anything. They give me the runaround.

Everytime I click the protected folder the same message comes up.

"Please select the folder you wish to protect by clicking on its name. You can navigate by clicking on icons. "

I click the folder and the same page comes up as if I did nothing.

Someone tell me how I can change user setting on secured folders from control panel.

thanks
cashcomm
Nevermind dudes. Its fully operational now.

Been reading documentation and I did the right thing.

Don't know why its working all of a sudden.

thanks
Serge
Anyway I'll post here a small HOWTO for password protected folders.

1. Under default skin go to Access Menu -> WebProtect (Password protect directories)
Under CpanelX just click on icon with key "Password protection"

2. You'll see a folder tree. Select a folder you want to password protect.

3. Click on checkbox near lock "Folder requires a password to access via http://"

4. Type in field "Protected Resource Name:" short description of what is contained in the folder (one or 2 words)

5. Click on "Save" button.

Now when folder is password protected you can add edit/remove users:

To add users:
Just Type username in field "UserName" and password in the field "Password" and press "Add New User" button

To chane a password:
Just Type username you want to change password for in field "UserName" and new password in the field "Password" and press "Change password" button.

Do delete user:
Select a user from the active users list and press "Delete User" button
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here