Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pre-Sales Questions
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
CrackerHead
Hey, I'm looking at Hostony and I really think I'm about a week away from buying the special plan. I just had a couple of questions I'd like answered.

1. Do you have support for Berkely database files? Since the server is running Linux I would imagine the answer to this is yes. I plan to use the files with the Apache Authentication module mod_auth_db, so I would also need to know if that module is installed.

2. If I have a domain that is already registered and hosted somewhere else that is set to expire in three years and I would like to transfer the hosting of that domain to Hostony, how would that process work after the sale? Would it cost me anything? I plan for it to be one of the add-on domains, not the main domain. (I know this question has probably been answered before, but I'm still not clear on it after reading all those posts.)

Thanks a lot
Dan
Stanly
1. Do you have support for Berkely database files? Since the server is running Linux I would imagine the answer to this is yes. I plan to use the files with the Apache Authentication module mod_auth_db, so I would also need to know if that module is installed.
Yes, we support Berkely.
Also if mod_auth_db is not installed at some server it can be installed for you.

2. If I have a domain that is already registered and hosted somewhere else that is set to expire in three years and I would like to transfer the hosting of that domain to Hostony, how would that process work after the sale? Would it cost me anything? I plan for it to be one of the add-on domains, not the main domain. (I know this question has probably been answered before, but I'm still not clear on it after reading all those posts.)

If you're going to buy a Special plan it will cost you nothing. Your domain name will be transfered instead of new domain name registration.
We'll send transfer request to your previous domain name registrar. As soon as they'll accept it it will be transfered to us.
CrakerHead
Thanks for the quick reply.
Also if mod_auth_db is not installed at some server it can be installed for you.

One more question: How would I determine (other than just running the module) if any particular module is installed on my server?
Stanly
You can ask me about it at support@hostony.com smile.gif
skylords
Create file http://yourdomain.com/info.php with <?php phpinfo();?> inside and you will get the list of all loaded modules in Apache section.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here