Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PHPnuke
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Bluefin221
I'm really enjoying the hosting package everything seems cool.

Anyway on my cpanel I can add PHPnuke 6, this is over 2 years old and I would like to update it to the latest available version which is 6.9 how do I upgrade the service?

I have installed it on a path on my domain but having trouble understaning the install process can you offer any help? or should I wait until its updated on the cpanel?

Also since I uploaded it my server has went down unsure.gif is this because of the size of the files which are 11 mb I thought this would just use my disk space and bandwidth.
Alec
To upgrade your phpnuke do the following steps :

1-Make a backup of the database tables and all files

2-Download new version of phpnuke in a separate folder

3-Using your current config.php as a guide configure the new config.php's settings, PHP-Nuke 6.5's config.php has a new variable: $sitekey, it is recommended that you change at least some of the letters/numbers in it to make it unique.

4-Upload all files and folders included in Nuke's html folder so that they replace your current files.

5-Upload upgrade60-65.php to Nuke's main directory (where config.php is) and point your browser to it. Delete it once done.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here