Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hotlink Protection
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Rastus
Configure hotlink protection. I have activated it, then checked other sites and I still have giffs, jpgs etc being displayed. In the URL box do I remove all url's or leave the ones for my site in it? I had thought to leave my urls in it, and remove all urls I do not want my gifs, jpgs, etc displayed on..
Alec
Please tell me a link on your page with giffs, jpgs...
Rastus
this page has pic that are on my site.

another site

My photo gallery

the particular site that is displaying the pics that are on my site has permission to display them. but if his site is not listed in my hotlink protection, should they be viewable?
Rastus
I thought I had it working till I refreshed my home page, and and the pics on it were blocked as well. unsure.gif My url's are listed in the hotlink box. guess they should be removed?
Alexandre
Hot link protection is working now!
It was CPanel bug.
Rastus
I just got online this morning, went to my site and every gif, jpg, etc. was a red X. huh.gif I had gone to bed last night with hot link protection turned off. It was turned on this am. Do me a favor, please. if you play with the hot link protection on my site, please be kind enough to check my site and see that the photos there are being displayed.

you say hotlink is working now, but left no instructions on how it is supposed to be configured. I'm smart, but I can't read your mind.

apparently how my pages load was changed as well. My home page no longer loads, the forum main page loads 1st now. What have you done????
Stanly
Did you disabled your Hotlink protection?
Because I can't find it enabled right now.
Also if you're saying your site was not working I need to know list domain names allowed to access your images.
Rastus
Yes, I disabled it this morning. Every gif,jpg, etc. on MY site had a red x. not one picture was showing, I disabled hotlink protection and they all are displayed just fine now.

Tell me how hotlink protection is supposed to be configred and I will configure it.
Rastus
So, how is hotlink protection supposed to work? and more importantly how is it supposed to be configured?
Alexandre
Sorry, but http://txzuki.proboards22.com/index.cgi?bo...&num=1074484104 uses cPanel bug.
Rastus
Ok. but that does not answer the question I posted above
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here