Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is helm?
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
new user
I just set up my account and I am wondering what is the meaning for helm?It sounds like a shoping cart or account manager? Where can i found the reference to set up PHP and MySQL ?
1.Can I check my email in CPanel?Or I should use Telnet to check it on line?
Actually i did not find the place in CPAnel to check my email.

2.I created my MySQL database and user, whether i should create the tables on admin.mydomain.com?

3.Right now the domain name is not avaible yet, after it is avaible, whether I should just upload my php file to wwwroot/, no other setting?

4.If I use MySQL, is there any other setting I should do except create the database, user and tables?I mean by using PHP to connect MySQL. any sample online?
Thanks
Vanya
Cpanel is linux hostig control panel. HELM is winows one.

Create them using database access(scripts).
You can check mail using webmail:
http://webmail.yourdomain...

You should upload your scripts to wwwroot/cg-bin/

We don't have such samples right now, sorry.
hi
Thanks
"You should upload your scripts to wwwroot/cg-bin/"
I know perl script should be uploaded there. PHP the same?

I do not need any other setting for MySQL database except create them?
Alec
You should upload cgi scripts in wwwroot/cgi-bin folder. You can place php scripts in any folder except cgi-bin
Eugene
QUOTE(Alec @ Jan 15 2004, 06:27 PM)
You should upload cgi scripts in wwwroot/cgi-bin folder. You can place php scripts in any folder except cgi-bin

is that true that .. php shouldn't be place in cgi-bin ? is that mean that i could put my php scripts anywhere in the wwwroot ? but i was told by one of the admin that i should place my php scripts in cgi-bin.

so which is the true statement ?
Stanly
You should place your php files anywhere except cgi-bin directory.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here