Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: General Questions
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Rastus
I use a photo gallery from gallery.sourceforge.com Will I be able to use this on my site should I choose hostony.com?

also, do you have any links to other sites that are hosted by you that I can look at? Specifically a site with a phpbb forum??

So far I am happy with what I have seen, I've sent two email to support and received fast replies. smile.gif

One other thing... I read a post on Web Designs forum that you have a way to limit or stop people from remote liniking to photos and such on my site. How does that work?

Thanks
Kenny
splufdaddy
Hey Rastus,

I'm a moderator over at Web Design Forums.net, and I'm probably the one that told you about Hostony, cause I've been with them for a while and I've mentioned them a lot over on the forums.

You can look at my forum, www.UHaForums.com, that's my phpBB board, hosted by Hostony. Just a small board for students at my Universtiy. Works pretty well on Hostony, I've been pleased.

Also, in the CPanel, there's something called HotLink Protection. It's very easy to turn on and configure. You can specify only *certain* domains that can link to *whatever* file extensions you want. For instance, only yourdomain.com can link to JPG files.

Hope this helps.
Rastus
Cool. I signed up with hostony tonight and so far I've been quite happy. Much better than my other host. I sent a cpl test emails to support before I siigned on and then 1 after I had signed on. biggrin.gif all were replied to fast and accurately. biggrin.gif

I found the link to turn off remote linking, I love that feature.

thanks for the help splufdaddy smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here