Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: additional question for full domain?
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Friend
you means there is one main domain and there can be several subdomain under main domain.

For example, main domain is maindomain.com, the html files are under public_html,
The aditional domain is subdomain.com and the path is public_html/subdomain/

so:
1.If I type www.maindomain.com, it goes to public_html/

2.If I type www.subdomain.com, it goes to public_html/subdomain/, the url address show up on IE is www.subdomain.com or www.maindomain.com/subdomain/ ?

3.If I type www.maindomain.com/subdomain/, then it goes to public_html/subdomain/, the same place of www.subdomain.com, on the url address shown on IE, it is www.subdomain.com or www.maindomain.com/subdomain/?

4.subdomain is under maindomain, how can it be seperate from main domain?
FTP and TELnet, all seperate? I think the only way is to make two domain under the "maindomain", such as public_html/maindomain/ and public_html/subdomain/, and the overall space main domain(When we use FTP to log on), we can just use some sepical username .etc?, in this way, the maindomain and the subdomain will not influnce each other.
Vanya
That's right. But you mean addon domain, not the subdomain.
Bluefin221
This is what I'm interested in, I can have more than one main domain? or will it be one main and the rest sub domains? I need a little explaining on this before I sign up.

Also I will be running PHP forums from my domain they will be from this place http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/ will these be fine to run I would presume so but would prefer to make sure.
Stanly
You can have Addon domains (typing some.com and reading content from maindomain.com/some) and Parked domains (the same content as main domain name)
me
Ok so there are 10 domains in the package correct?
Do i have to pay an addtnl 3.95 each time i wish to add a new domain?
Alec
10 domains are included in Special package.
If you want to host more domains you should upgrade your account or pay $3.95 per month for every additional hosted domain
Me
Awsome Alec,

1. so as far as the 10 domains can i add them my self via the control panel? or do i have to email support?

2. And lastly each domain comes with its on control panel, mail log in ect?

Thanks
-Me
sorry im a moron:

i ment to say:

2. And lastly each domain comes with its own control panel, mail, log in ect?
Serge
1. Yes you can add the myourself using Control panel as well as configure them - databases mail, etc. using the same control panel.

2. All your domains are controlled through one control panel. In case you want separate control panels for your domains or group of domains you have to purchase a reseller package.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here