Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: a question about Full domains
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Friend
I have a question about full domain, I noticed that for special plan I can have upto 10 full domains.

1.Whether it means that I can have two diffirent domain each has its own space, just like 2 diffirent account but they are managed by the same person, is it corrct?
For example, I can have www.domain1.com and www.domain2.com on the same account, but each of them have their own database and space, although the total space of these two domains is limited to 2500M. I can manage both of them just similiar to i have got two accounts?

2.By the way, where is the location of the servers?In USA?I found that the location of your company is:

Internet and Software Services Limited
Le Quesne Chambers
9 Burrard Street
St Helier
Jersey JE2 4WS

It sounds like a place in France or Quebec?
Alec
1. With any package with multidomain support you'll get a free one domain registration and ability to host more domains. You can manage all your domains from a single control panel and there is no need to get a separate control panel for each domain account. Every domain can have own databases, e-mail accounts (including autoresponders and catch-all addresses) and ftp accounts. Also there is possible to manage any e-mail account separately through advanced web interface (webmail). Your main domain site content is placed in public_html folder. Any other site will be placed in an intended subfolder of public_html. In other words any addon domain is a child of your main domain.

2. Our servers are located in datacenters of USA. Majority of them are in Texas (Dallas, Houston etc.). Also some servers are hosted in Atlanta, GA.

Our company's head-quarters and representatives are in Jersey (United Kingdom). These are isles near coast of France.
Friend
Thanks a lot.

you means there is one main domain and there can be several subdomain under main domain.

For example, main domain is maindomain.com, the html files are under public_html,
The aditional domain is subdomain.com and the path is public_html/subdomain/

so:
1.If I type www.maindomain.com, it goes to public_html/

2.If I type www.subdomain.com, it goes to public_html/subdomain/, the url address show up on IE is www.subdomain.com or www.maindomain.com/subdomain/ ?

3.If I type www.maindomain.com/subdomain/, then it goes to public_html/subdomain/, the same place of www.subdomain.com, on the url address shown on IE, it is www.subdomain.com or www.maindomain.com/subdomain/?

4.subdomain is under maindomain, how can it be seperate from main domain?
FTP and TELnet, all seperate? I think the only way is to make two domain under the "maindomain", such as public_html/maindomain/ and public_html/subdomain/, and the overall space main domain(When we use FTP to log on), we can just use some sepical username .etc?, in this way, the maindomain and the subdomain will not influnce each other.

Alec
1.If I type www.maindomain.com, it goes to public_html/

Yes. Start page of maindomain.com is an index file if public_html

2.If I type www.subdomain.com, it goes to public_html/subdomain/, the url address show up on IE is www.subdomain.com or www.maindomain.com/subdomain/ ?

And your subdomain goes to subfolder to public_html. Also there is possible to attach a separate domain to this folder and you will have other domain and subdomain of your main domain concerning the same subfolder of your public_html. So you can reach this tping in browser:
addondomain.com or
subdomain.maindomain.com or
maindomain.com/subdomain/

3.If I type www.maindomain.com/subdomain/, then it goes to public_html/subdomain/, the same place of www.subdomain.com, on the url address shown on IE, it is www.subdomain.com or www.maindomain.com/subdomain/?

Your browser will show an address which you typed. It will not be changed unless you configure your local apache directives in .htaccess file.

4.subdomain is under maindomain, how can it be seperate from main domain?
FTP and TELnet, all seperate? I think the only way is to make two domain under the "maindomain", such as public_html/maindomain/ and public_html/subdomain/, and the overall space main domain(When we use FTP to log on), we can just use some sepical username .etc?, in this way, the maindomain and the subdomain will not influnce each other.

We use pure-ftpd server on all our physical servers. It allows to share one domain account between any ftp users. So you if you create an addon domain or subdomain from control panel it creates a separate ftp account. There is impossible to access your main domain files using subdomain ftp account. Finally you can share your diskpace to your friends and don't afraid that they see or edit
your private files.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here