Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: imagemagick gone?
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
flickerfly
On the server that was moved due to HD failure (#8?) I seem to have lost access to imagemagick. Did it get missed in the install process? Gallery no longer works due to missing this. I tested with the command
CODE
which convert
. This is one of the suite tools that imagemagick provides and is needed to create thumbnail pictures when uploaded. Could you folks restore this for me? My family is missing the ability to upload pictures. We use this to communicate as we've all spread out across the US. Thank you.
Stanly
ImageMagick is still there smile.gif
flickerfly
Where's convert than? Maybe it was my path that got messed up. I didn't customize it before I don't think.

When I type:

CODE
$ which convert
/usr/bin/which: no convert in (/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin)

On my local linux box it's
CODE
$ which convert
/usr/bin/convert

What did you find to indicate that it was there?
Vanya
You have jailshell so your /usr/bin/ is different from the system /usr/bin/.
It's still accessible as /usr/bin/convert
flickerfly
QUOTE(Vanya @ Jan 7 2004, 10:38 PM)
You have jailshell so your /usr/bin/ is different from the system /usr/bin/.
It's still accessible as /usr/bin/convert

CODE
$ /usr/bin/convert
-jailshell: /usr/bin/convert: No such file or directory

Am I not getting something you are assuming I know? I'm familiar with the jailshell concept, basically at least, but I'm not sure how I or my PHP scripts are supposed to get access to something in /usr/bin and I don't have in my /usr/bin. There has to be something different. I haven't changed my script, but the install changed and now it doesn't work. It is possible that I'm pointing at the wrong thing. I'll try some other avenues, but I'm still interested in how this works. Does the jailshell not affect my scripts because the server is outside the jailshell?
flickerfly
I changed all instances of our username to user just in case. This is the debug output that should be able to help figure out what is going on. It's looks suspiciously like convert is not available to the script in the way it was before to me. I'm open to other reasons for this though.

CODE
- Adding 200401061252.png
  Resizing/compressing original image
  No resizing required
File /home/user/public_html/gallery/albums/Fluxbox-Screenshots/200401061252_G.png type 3.

Executing:

/usr/bin/convert -quality 95 -size 150x150 +profile '*' /home/user/public_html/gallery/albums/Fluxbox-Screenshots/200401061252_G.png -geometry 150x150 /home/user/public_html/gallery/albums/Fluxbox-Screenshots/200401061252_G.thumb.png

Results:

none

Error messages::

sh: line 1: /usr/bin/convert: No such file or directory

Error: Unable to make thumbnail (0)!
Stanly
Tell me your user name at the server please
flickerfly
I sent it in a PM.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here