Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adding filters to the email
Hostony Board > General Support > Mail
hst26
Is it possible to be able to add filters to your e-mail. I have looked in the webmail and it does not provide any way to create filters. How else should I go about this?
Stanly
You can do this through your Control Panel -> Mail -> E-mail filtering wink.gif
hst26
Are you referring to the Helm Webhosting control system? If so, I don't have any mail option. Upon looking up my domain, I have e-mail accounts, but it does not have any filtering option in their either.
Stanly
No, I was talking about CPanel at the Linux-based hosting.
Unfortunately, you can not use mail filters at hte Windows-based hosting accounts.
hst26
At the time of setup, I did not know that there was no filtering on the windows plan vs. the linux plan. I would prefer to have the plan that would provide me with a way that I can filter my own mail as I would wish. Before I try to get my hosting services moved over to a different os server, does the filtering allow you to control more than what is just accepted on your mail server. For example, on my previous service, I would create a filter that would forward all messages that fit a specified criteria to a different folder in that mailbox or to another mailbox completly. Does your filtering allow this?
Vanya
Yes, it does.
hst26
How would I go about getting my domain hosted on a Linux setup instead? I don't think that it should cost me any extra, because I did not know about the filtering option. It isn't listed in the list of features and I do not know of a system that does not have filtering on it in the first place.

thank you,
Alec
Ok just open a ticket and tell your domain name and contact email address
Linux hosting account will be set up asap
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here