Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wat shud I do next.
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
yky
Hi,

I've just sent my order form through. And waiting for you guyz to send me information regarding the username and paswd. I was thinking of doing a whole backup of my site and all my emails from my old host so i can up load it here on Hostony servers. I'm using cPanel5 and cPanelGUI, i know on these you can do a complete backup, as i am new to this i dont relly know what shud i'll be doing and wat shud i be backing up. and how will i be able to upload it once its all backed up.

If i changed the dns settings from my domain, will i lose all the informaiton/data which i've stored on the previous host server's. and wat other things shud i be doing before changing the dns settings?

Regards.
Y.K.Y.
Shurik
Ok. There are at least 2 ways for you to move your site on our server.

1. I can try to use built-in CPanel function named "Copy an account from another server with account password" :wink:
So if remote server (I mean your old host) is running Cpanel and I have your account login and password then I can copy your account automatically. It is the easiest way and it will preserve your account's settings.

Disadvantages of this way:
a) I've already created account for your on our server and I have to delete it previously but I have a bad experience deleteing accounts from CPanel. It don't delete accounts safely and If I try to create it again I, possibly, will have some problems. So it is need to check manually some configs to be sure that account was deleted completely.
cool.gif I am not sure that configuration of that remote server 100% identical with ours one. So maybe not all settings will be transferred (for instance Skin, third-party sofware settings) and it may cause some problems for you (and for me smile.gif )

But all data - your files, scripts, databases, mail will be transfered.

2. You can copy your data manually via FTP and then configure your account on our server.

Is only one but big disadvantage - it don't safe your time.
But your will build new configuration step by step and it will allow you to avoid some possible problems caused by sofware misconfiguration.

Nevertheless I propose you to give me your login, password and IP of remote server in order to try to copy your account by CPanel tool.

And please don't post here your account info smile.gif . You know our support email - send it there.
yky
Well if theres a problem transfering, then i better leave it. well to start with i havent got that much on my website anyway. so it wont be a problem, i can always download and upload it again, and same with emails aswell. I'll just wait for the new login and passwd, & i'll try uploading the stuff, see wat happens.

Y.K.Y.
Shurik
I've already sent Account info to you a couple hours ago.
Did you receive it?

BTW are you Mr O Shafiq ? Only this person purchased account on hostony in past 6 hours. I assumed that this is you. Am I right?
yky
Yeap tats me, but i still have'nt received any mails sad.gif. still waiting.

Y.K.Y.
Shurik
Sorry, it was my fault. You gave me an email address on the same site which you want to host with us. So I added account for your site on our server and then sent "Account info" to you through the same server.
Of course that email was delivered to your new account on our server biggrin.gif

I've just resent email through another server. Check your mailbox please.
yky
i've got the email now, and i'm just going it through now

Y.K.Y.
yky
a quick question, i got two ip addresses(one starts from 192 and the other 216), which one is the primary and which one is secondry. Does it really matter which way i put this in my server update settings.

Y.K.Y.
Shurik
Thease are IPs of our nameservers. You have to set our nameservers in your registrar's account in DNS section. Usually you needn't put IPs, but just nameservers names (ns5.hostony.com, ns2.hostony.com are for you). The order of ips does not matter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here