Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transferring domains
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Lee Murphy
I have a domain hosted in England which I am considering (very much considering now) moving to your host on a long term plan. My question is, is there much involved in transferring the domain name from their to you, or do I just click transfer for free when I order.

And also, how much down time would I expect, if I did transfer my domain?

Thanx for your time.

I am making a big hosting decision over the next week because my old hosting plan expires soon and I want to move it.

For me it was SQL servers which I needed more than one of, which is why I found your plans quite appealing.

cheers
Lee
Danimal
If you're only talking about switching hosts, there's nothing involved in transferring the domain. You set up your account on Hostony, put your files on their server, and then change the DNS info with your registrar. There should be no down time.

If that's not what you'r talking about, then never mind... unsure.gif
Vanya
'Domain transfer' means that you already have your domain registered. You'll need just to change name server for it(using registrars site) to name servers stated in account info letter we'll send to you. There should not be any downtime.
Lee Murphy
My domain is registered, but hosted at another web host. I plan to move to this web host because I liked the plans, and was curious as to what process was involved. I think Ifound a post on it.

smile.gif hopefully I wil lbe able to transfer soon, just waiting on pay day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here