Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cPanel Issues
Hostony Board > Cpanel/WebHost Manager support > Cpanel/WHM Issues
convulted
I do not mean to grumble or anything, but is it normal for cPanel to be so slow (even on normal HTTP) that it takes about 5 minutes to load phpMyAdmin (if it loads) on a 512kbps download ADSL connection???
Oh, and do the Profi accounts have 1000mb or 800mb storage space? cPanel reports 800mb free on a clean account.

Dre
Serge
It depends how big is your table. If it is several megabytes it may be longer.
Also don't forget that server has to parse all that data and frame them with HTML plus use several other queries to show you bell & wistles like number of tables, etc.

To the top all php scripts that are executed through control panel are run via php as CGI. It is much slower that ordinary php installed as apache module for user sites. Cpanel has to use php as CGi for control panel for security reasons.

End user sites has php compiled as apache module.

As for the quotas. Please let us know your domain name and we'll check it for you. Profi account should be 1000 Mb.
convulted
Ok then I'll stop grumbling about it. My only worry is that sometime I might need to change some setting quickly and don't manage to. The database is pretty small right now, maybe 160k, and all of cPanel is taking long to load.
The account is fryents and the domain name is fryent-stamps.com, although it isn't pointing to this site yet (we still have to update the DNS server info).

Dre
Vanya
Quota has been changed to 1000.
convulted
Thanks a lot... Support here surely beats most other companies smile.gif

Dre
LP_
Is there anything stopping users from installing a local copy of phpMyAdmin in their account space, and using that instead? Are those security reasons you speak of related to cPanel or to phpMyAdmin (a secure package AFAIK)?

Then it would run into mod-php..?
Vanya
It's about CPanel.
It's ok to install phpMyAdmin in user's webspace.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here