Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Domain name?
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
LP_
Ok, so your special offer is quite tempting. But here I click on the shiny Buy Now button, and the only options are to register a new domain name, or transfer an existing one to Hostony? What if I want to keep my domains where they are now?

And while I'm here, why are you still offering the advanced and power plans if the special plan is better on almost all aspects? What's the catch? smile.gif

- Lp
Alec
If you want to host some domain you need to have it already registered or register a new one. So when you click 'Buy now' you should to choose. We did it to know should we register a new domain name for you. If you already have active domain you need to select 'Transfer...'

There are no any catches. Special offer is better than other more expensive packages therefore it is called 'Special christmas offer'.
LP_
So what exactly is meant by the radio button choice "I already own this domain. Please transfer it for FREE" in the Buy Now form?

If I already own the domain, there is no transfer to be done by Hostony. I just need to update my DNS records myself.. I'm a bit confused by the use of "transfer". I don't want to transfer anything. What if I own the domain but haven't made the web site yet, what are you going to "transfer"?

Just trying to be sure that you do not REQUIRE Hostony to be the name registrar for domains hosted on your servers. I don't want to switch registrars, I just want a web host. I know some service providers have the dubious practice of automatically requesting a domain name transfer when you sign up, and others have the even more dubious practice of automatically honoring transfer requests from other registrars, leading to a big unwanted mess smile.gif.

So the special offer ends some time soon? Doh. Reply quickly please smile.gif
Serge
No we don't require to be domain name registrar for your domains. You can use your current domain name registrar and we won't initiate transfer of your domain name because all orders are processes manually.
LP_
In the words of Cartman: "Kicka..!".

*runs to the registration form*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here