Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some questions regarding the "Special" plan.
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Oz
I'm tired of free hosts, so I decided to sign up with Hostony, but I have a few questions before I do.

What does the term "High Availability Bandwidth" mean, is that just a fancy term for bandwidth or is there some special restriction on bandwidth?

How are the additional FTP accounts set up? Thru the control panel, or another method?

If I signed up for 12-months now, can I change that to 24-months for the next billing period?

For the 30 day money-back guarantee, do I get back exactly what I paid, or minus the time that has already passed?

You say that you are willing to install additional Perl modules upon request, is that for free?

If I pay for hosting, and then before the billing period ends, something happens to Hostony and it shuts down. What happens to my money?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. smile.gif
Oz
Sorry I forgot this but..
How much do domain names cost? How much do they cost to transfer to you?
Alec
What does the term "High Availability Bandwidth" mean, is that just a fancy term for bandwidth or is there some special restriction on bandwidth?

Our network has multiple redundant connections and BGP to ensure 100% network availability.

How are the additional FTP accounts set up? Thru the control panel, or another method?

You can set up additional ftp and mail accounts, databases through control panel

If I signed up for 12-months now, can I change that to 24-months for the next billing period?

Yes. You can upgrade your account any time without any hidden fees.

For the 30 day money-back guarantee, do I get back exactly what I paid, or minus the time that has already passed?

If you cancel you account for first month of hosting you will get full refund.

You say that you are willing to install additional Perl modules upon request, is that for free?

Yes. It's free. We'll set up any perl module if it doesn't conflict with our policy.

If I pay for hosting, and then before the billing period ends, something happens to Hostony and it shuts down. What happens to my money?

All payments are proceeded through 2checkout. Is is trusted company and as I know there was nothing happened like it.

How much do domain names cost? How much do they cost to transfer to you?

Domain name registrationg or domain transfer from another registrar cost $14.85 per year.
VSDP
Hello,

Can would-be customers use their own registrar, say Hostway.com and manage their domains for as little as $ 6.95?

This being a rhetoric question, do you support clients' nameservers?

Thank you.
ReTrO
A couple of technical questions...

1. does your Windows-based hosting support OLEDB connection to a MySQL server via MySQLOLEDB? If yes, what version do you use?

2. how many MySQL databases exactly do you provide per account, say at lowest to midrange plans? (I'm particularly interested in the $9-16++ per month range)

I'm planning to go live with a couple of web projects (at least 4 this year) and I've ben developing via ASP w/ a MySQL backend...

Thanks a whole bunch!
Alec
VSDP:

You can use your own domain registrar without any fee.
We offer you a free domain name with you hosting account but if you don't wan't it we won't prevent it and charge you for it.

As for clients' name servers i am interesting what do you mean. We offer 2 private name server with every reseller plan. Also if you want to use third-party name servers we won't object to it.

ReTrO:

1. ODBC Mysql driver v. 3.51 is installed on the server.
Version of MyOLEDB is 3.0

2. With any our shared account you can have unlimited databases but keep in mind that size od databases is included in your total account disk quota.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here