Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Testing before moving domain
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
larpo
Hi,

I am wanting to take up your special offer and set up my site for testing prior to repointing my domain. Is there a way i can do this? Can you provide me with an IP address or a temporary subdomain or something until my site is fully tested and can be made live with the domain?

Cheers
Vanya
Could you please concretize you were asking to.
Do you have an account on our server and need some domain(test) connected with it? Or you want to open test account because you have'nt registered your domain yet?
larpo
sorry, i was a bit vague. I have 2 domains, currently hosted with 1&1 who I want to leave as soon as possible. However I want to test my site on your servers prior to moving the domain over to you, to ensure that the transfer is relatively seemless for my users. My site is a community site with forums and a photogallery, both of which need to be moved and tested before the domains are transferred to you... therefore I will need some way of seeing what I have uploaded to your servers... does this make sense?

I am a relative novice at moving mySQL/PHP sites between hosts, so I apologise if this sounds a little odd... how do people normally move sites between servers where a mysql database is concerned? When I moved to 1&1 in the first place I used another domain until I was ready to transfer the important one, so I could ensure that the sql datat had been copied over properly before changing the domain tags... do you get what i'm on about? sad.gif
Serge
You can reach your account at

http://[serverip]/~[yourusername]/

Where [serverip] is ip of teh server you are on

and

[yourusername] - your username.

In order to move mysql database you need first to make a dump of it.

On your old host you need to run something like:

mysqldump -u[yourold MySQL username] -p [your old MySQL database name] > [filename.sql]

Then you have to

1. Create database and username for it through our control panel.
2. upload file filename.sql to our server and run

mysqldump -u[yourNEW MySQL username] -p [your NEW MySQL database name] <[filename.sql]
larpo
perfect thanks smile.gif
Pantera
You are welcome biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here