Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Here are a few questions that I like to know
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Anonymous
1. Is the Crazy Special still available?

2. Is your php in safe mode?

3. Can I ask you to put in certain perl module such as Image::Size?

4. Can I have streaming .wma, .ra, .ram files?

5. Is there dedicate IP for that special plan?

Hope to hear from you.
Anonymous
Also, just to clarify:

1. There is SSH for this Crazy Special plan right?

2. I can have 10 domains to this plan right? What this mean is, I can have domain.com, domain2.com, domain3.com, etc... on this one plan right?

3. If I want 2000 MB with 20 gig/month instead of 1000 MB with 30 gig/month, would you let me have that? I need space more than bandwith. And if you agree, would this price/feature be locked as long as I am hosted with you?
Shurik
Sorry, for being a bit late with an answer. With this internet global attack we get a lot of mail from our customers. And trouble tickets & emails come first than forums.

You can read more about attack here:

http://forum.hostony.com/viewtopic.php?t=85

1. Crazy Special will be avaliable till 31 January as we finally decided.

2. Yes our php is in safe mode. Special configurations for certain domains avaliale is requested. I mean access to certain folders, etc. If something is possible to do with limitations of WHM/Cpanel we do try to configure it.
As for now there were no well written php script we could not start.

3. Yes we can install perl modules by request if they don't affect security. mage::Size is ok and we can install it.

4. You can host .wma, .ra, .ram files on your account and configure appropriate mime types through control panel.

5. No there is no dedicated ip be default. Moreover ARIN rules doesn't allow to give dedicated ips for virtual hosting accounts and they encorage to use name based hosting. We give dedicated ip only in case its usage is justified accordingly to ARIN rules. It is in cases services you need cannot be utilized without dedicated ip. So if you need SSL, nameservers or anonymous ftp we issue ips for free.

6. Yes Carzy special includes SSH.

7. Yes you can have domain.com, domain2.com, domain3.com ..... domain9.com domain10.com on this plan.

8. No it is not possible. We are currently running special for 1 Gb of space and 30 Gb of bandwidth. Resources we sell with this special and price allows us to off. If you need 2 Gb of space you can purchase 2 our special plans or our Ultra plan.
Anonymous
Thanks for the reply.

Now I would like to know how many customers do you have hosted with you? The reason that I ask is that when looking at this forum, I don't see many posts and not that many members and I am just curious.
Serge
Now we are hosting about 2400 domains on our servers.

Our forums are not reflecting all our customers. A lot comes through partners and resellers. Also a lot of customers doen't bother to post in the phorums when they can chat with support. Some just go and buy our services without even asking presales questions, etc. An to the top our phorums allow guest access to the presales forum so some people like you asking questions without even registering.

Also hostony we have about 1.5+ years of experience in webhosting with our other product line z555. Before that we were involved in development.

I guess number of customers is not the main figure that describes some company services. We try to keep our customers happy as much as we can.
smikwily
I have been a happy Hostony member for a few months now. They have excellent support and I highly recommend them. I have yet to have a problem that they haven't been able or more than willing to take on in a matter of minutes. There support is great and very quick to respond.

I highly recommend you give them a try.
Danimal
I have been a happy Hostony member for a few months now. They have excellent support and I highly recommend them. I have yet to have a problem that they haven't been able or more than willing to take on in a matter of minutes. There support is great and very quick to respond.

I highly recommend you give them a try.

I hate for this to start sounding like a commercial here or anything, but I completely agree. I've had four web hosts before Hostony and I can't see any reason why I'd ever switch from them. Always friendly and quick to help. I've finally found my "home."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here