Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Presales questions to help my comfort level
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Fallbrook
This time I'd like to make a better hosting service choice than I did last time. Your answers will help. This regards your special 10-domain plan.

1. If one of the domains needs a dedicated IP, what would be the charge and how is it ordered?

2. Will the IP be delegated to the domain so reverse DNS lookups by cautious SMTP servers will be properly honored?

3. How do reverse DNS lookups work on the domains without a dedicated IP?

4. If subdomains are utilized, can E-mail addresses be associated with them, or must they default to the domain only?

5. How can I pre-evaluate the server's connection speed? For example one service I've considered guarantees 100 mbps at the ethernet connection, although I know there are other considerations.

Many thanks in advance for your answers.

Pete
Alec
1. Dedicated ip address costs from $3 to $5 depending on network and datacenter where a server is located. To pay for it you need to do request for our billing or support department.

2. You need to ask for Reverse DNS setup for you domain because it is not default option but free. Also all you domains will be intended with ip address - or dedicated ip address either server shared one.

3. There is no way to configure a reverse DNS lookup with a shared ip address. Ig you will have dedicated ip address it is will be delegated to one domain only.

4. You can have separate mail, ftp accounts and databases with every subdomain.

5. You can check our site network connection. If you need to test more open request and we'll provide with ip ddresses or other servers or sites.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here