Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: server 10 problems
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
jchrastina
What is going on with server 10 (64.74.112.74)?
It has been up and down quite a bit in the past few hours.
Unable to use email, cPanel, or websites.
When I finally get into cPanel, I find LOTS of red in server stats.

Was this scheduled or sudden death?
Thanks.
JimC
Alec
The server is working fine now.
We are investigating why the problems that occured and who caused server overload.
Sorry for the inconveniences.
BigJimW
It's acting up again. sad.gif You guys don't have a spammer on there or something, do you?
Thundergirls
11:24 EST, likewise, website doesn't come up, cPanel can't be accessed, FTP doesn't work. Usually at least ONE of those is accessible.
Alec
There are short network outages are possible due to a switch maintenance on the datacentre during switch reboots.
Servers 10,11,14,15 may be affected.
Sorry for the inconveniences and thank you for your patience.
jchrastina
Then this is SCHEDULED maintenance???

You have been asked repeatedly in the past to PUT UP AN ANNOUNCEMENT about scheduled maintenance BEFORE you start the maintenance, preferably at least a week BEFORE, so you don't have many customers going crazy.

When will this particular maintenance END?

Thank you.
Alec
No it was not a scheduled maintenance.
Some network problems were appeared and we decided to maintain it asap and notified customers about it in the previous topic.

Now the network is working properly. We monitor it and we didn't detect any network issues for more than 1 day.
jchrastina
Okay. Thanks.
BTW, keep an eye on drives space on server10. Some are approaching 90% full. Not healthy. The rule of thumb I have used for a few decades now is a MAX of 80% full on any hard drive ....
Have a great weekend!
JimC
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here