Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Creating E-mail Sub-Folders
Hostony Board > General Support > Mail
wildclay
Hello,

When I attempt to create an e-mail sub-folder either via webmail or via Outlook (SMTP) I get the following message:

ERROR : Could not complete request.
Query: CREATE "Sent/SUBFOLDER NAME"
Reason Given: CREATE failed: Can't create mailbox node /home/wildclay/mail/wildclay.net/casey/Sent/: File exists

In the above example I attempted to create a sub-folder beneath my SENT folder. I want to be able to do this so that I can organize my messages by recipients and group items of different topics into different folders. Do I have to change the permissions on a folder to be able to do this? It's very important to me that I be able to create sub-folders. Thank you for your help.

- Casey Wild Clay

casey@wildclay.net
Alec
Apparently you cannot create any folder beneath Sent folder. Try to create a folder in /home/wildclay/mail/wildclay.net/casey or /home/wildclay/mail/wildclay.net and tell me if error was occured.
wildclay
I cannot create a folder beneath any of my e-mail folders. This includes new folders. Also, after I create a new folder the the system will not let me delete it after I've created it (however, this works via webmail, but not via SMTP, such as with Outlook). For example, I created a test folder but cannot delete it: when I attempt to delete it I get a similar error message as when I attempted to create a subfolder. I have to go in and edit my .mailboxlist file to get rid of the folder, otherwise it always appears in my list even though it isn't really there. Why can't I just delete it?

I also tried doing as you suggested, Alec, I created a folder under /home/wildclay/mail/wildclay.net/casey but this still did not work.

I've had similar problems using UNIX-based e-mail systems before when it comes to creating subfolders and being able to delete folders. Can these issues be taken care of? All I want to do is be able to manage my e-mail folders like I would manage folders in a normal file directory. I've even tried changing the permissions on my e-mail folders, but that did not help either. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

- C.W.C.

casey@wildclay.net
Vanya
Please open a trouble ticket on this and notify there mail account's login and password.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here