Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mail not routing in or out; now down for 31 hours!
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
tnfg
The last message to any of my domain [thenorthfaceguy.com] e-mail addresses was
received on 12/4 at 11:48 AM.

Since then, no messages have been routing *in*, or *out*. In other words, cannot
send or receive e-mail. Up to several hundred messages up till now have been lost,
at least temporarily.

No changes were made to anything -- not even to comp. or Outlook Express -- which
just cycles through "Connecting, Authorizing, Disconnecting" [NO NEW MESSAGES] --
which is impossible. Test messages are not even going through -- mail from domain
to another, mail from another domain to domain, mail from domain to domain -- none
of it. Mail was routing and out fine one minute, and then just stopped without rhyme
or reason or warning. Just went cold.

Have contacted Live Chat support twice, 2 AM (Dec. 5), and 11 AM (Dec.). Support unable
to provide details on what is causing the problems. Support unable to provided estimated
uptime. Support unable to provide information on pending message recovery. The last 90+
minutes on hold for "Live Chat" a third time (ha!) have been not been enlightening either.

The e-commerce affiliations with these e-mail addresses are unable to fulfill customer demands
(inquirys, orders, payments, confirmations, follow-ups). Crippled -- at the peak of holiday
buying -- **not** a good thing at all . . . Trying to remain calm, but NEED HELP ASAP! 31+
hours is just not acceptable to not have an answer as to whats going on or when it will
be resolved. I'm starting to unravel . . . I understand that every business has its own
mechanisms by which to resolve system issues, but please, I'd like to be part of the process
so that I can adapt accordingly.

Since unable to receive e-mail at my domain, you must instead contact me at :
got_a_guinness@yahoo.com (careful with the spelling -- 2 underscores, two "n's", two "s's".

-- dcptak (formerly, but presently unable, dcptak@thenorthfaceguy.com)
tnfg
All times in above post are (US, Eastern Standard Time, EST).
Charley Brindley
Hey tnfg,

My clients are also having trouble and I have had no response the support.

If you find out anything pass it on would you.

I will do the same

charley

charley@andyswebpages.com, whoops !!! forgot it does not work.
Vanya
It's fixed now!
We apologize for inconvenience and for the lost e-mail.

Some of your mail can be lost but some can be stored. It depends on sending smtp servers(our server is receiving one). You'll get stored letter soon if they was stored.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here