Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Add-on domains - DNS not migrating?
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
ric_capucho
Hi there,

I've bought the 'special' package, which also allows me up to 9 add-on domains. I setup the main domain (moonfishgroup.com) without any problems, but am having problems bringing my three add-on domains to life. The add-ons seem to be happy as sub-domains of by main domain, and work perfectly using either addondomain.maindomain.com or maindomain.com/addondomain. It's just that the addondomain.com isn't working.

I updated the DNS entries at Register.com for all four domains to:

ns16.hostony.com
ns16.hostony.net

...all at the same time. The moonfishgroup.com domain migrated yesterday, but the other three add-on domains are still showing the register.com 'coming soon' page, which makes me suspicious as the DNS amendments for all four domains were done in a single session. I've checked and rechecked the register.com records, and all four clearly show the DNS entries above.

What am I doing wrong?

Main domain: moonfishgroup.com
Add-on domain: telescopegossip.com
Add-on domain: sunfishgroup.com
Add-on domain: brilliantpebbles.com

Ric
Alec
Your addon domains are fixed and pointing to the correct place.

When you add the domains in cpanel they were set up in name servers with current ip address.
So if I want to add yahoo.com in my account it will be set up with ip address 66.218.71.198 because it resolves there and will point to the old server even after propagation.
ric_capucho
Ok, so what do I have to do to resolve this?

Ric
Danimal
Same here. I had an addon domain which worked fine before, but since my switch to a new server (16) recently, no longer works. It still points to my old IP address. How do I fix this?
Vanya
ric_capucho
Add-on domain: telescopegossip.com
Add-on domain: sunfishgroup.com
Add-on domain: brilliantpebbles.com

are resolving and working... So please specify the problem you're experiencing.

Danimal
Tell us your addon and main domain names please.
Danimal
Main domain - nothing-sacred.net
Addon - whatsinmypants.com

As the addon is loading, I can see it's trying open up my old IP address from server 1, before my recent server change.
Alec
Danimal:

Your addon domains points to the correct server:
http://dnsstuff.com/tools/lookup.ch?name=w...ants.com&type=A

If you set up a domain and it is resolving elsewhere out of the server contact our support, describe your problem and we'll reforward your domain.
Danimal
So it is. Well I'll be. I swear to you when I made that post it was NOT pointing to that IP address. However, it's working fine now. As always, thank you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here