Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: documentation
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
ojoy
Is there an instruction document somewhere?

How do I ftp into a sub domain?
wildclay
Have you tried searching through the "How to" forum topics?

Have you already created your sub-domain? If you have, the FTP / storage space for that sub-domain is simply a folder under your "public_html" folder of the same name. For example, if you have the sub-domain "sub1.domain.com" there will be a folder called "sub1" within the public directory of your file structure... anyhow, I'm sure you already knew that.

Do you already know how to use FTP? If you FTP in with your main account, which should have access to the entire root (/) of your allotted server space, then you should be able to also get into the "sub1" folder and upload files to it, creating your web presence at "sub1.domain.com".

If you want to create a special FTP account for just that sub-domain so that that one account will only have access to that sub-domain and nothing else, then when you specify the directory access for the account you'll simply type the name of the sub-domain (in our example, "sub1") in the directory box. Then, if you FTP into your domain with that account to upload files, it will automatically be put inside its sub-domain space. In contrast, if you FTP in with your main account you'll see the entire root space, and so you would have to go down a couple of levels to "ftp://domain.com/public_html/sub1/" to get to the same area. It should work either way.

I hope this helps. However, if you don't know how to use FTP in the first place, then let us know.

- Casey Wild Clay
Vanya
Go to CPanel - 'Sub Domains' and create need subdomain(something like testsub.yourdom.com will be created).
Then connect to ftp with your main ftp account's username and pass and go to public_html/testsub(or public_html/<some your subdomain's folder>) and upload content there. That is it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here