Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Taking too long to load.
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
Red Blaze
I'm timing how long the page is loading... so I clicked on "go" and started this post.

It doesn't give me an error of page not found, but it just doesn't load. It takes for ever, like right now it's still loading. I'm in a cable modem at the moment and I sure don't think it takes for ever to load. Is there some problem with your servers I gotta know about? It was working well a while ago. This problem I had last time I was with Hostony. It slowed down dramatically, then it speeds up, then slows down again. Is there a problem? Sorry, but I'm the type that kinda complains alot. ^^;;

Ok... the page still didn't load yet. It's http://www.thesonicjoint.com

EDIT: Know it barely gave me the "server not found". >_>;;

EDIT: Ok, it's still down, and I can't even get in the Cpanel. =S
wildclay
I concur: I also tested your page (http://www.thesonicjoint.com) and also got the "Cannot find server" / "The Page cannot be displayed" message in my browser. I'm testing this from Winona State University, in Winona, Minnesota... it's about 10:00am here (central time). I'm able to browse to many other sites without any problems, including my own site hosted with Hostony on Server 16. Which server are you on?
It's possible there could be a temporary DNS (Domain Name Server) issue in your region I suppose, but my guess is that hopefully one of the Hostony staff will be able to get this taken care of. I hope all goes well!

- C.W.C.
Red Blaze
Ok this is very odd. I'm guessing you might be right. Because I swithced computers as well as buildings. I'm in Texas State Technical College. I was in the library when I made that post. A windows PC. Now I'm in a different building, in a MAC and I can see it well. Very fast at that. Why must it work on a MAC? ;_; I hate MAC. >_<

About what server number I'm on, I'll check right now.

Hm, I'm not sure what server I'm on
wildclay
Yes, your site is working here for me now too... and on my Gateway PC laptop running Windows XP Pro. I'd try it again on a different PC to double-check. It may have just been a temporary glitch, which I've seen happen with other sites on the Internet too. I hope it continues to work well for you!

- C.W.C. cool.gif

P.S. As for your server number, depending on the version of cPanel that you have, some users can see the server number in the upper-right corner of their cPanel. I did not see this in my version of cPanel, but Serge helped me out and told me my server number. My IP is 209.152.170.32 which is server16, so if this is your IP then you are also on server 16. If not, Serge or Vanya should be able to tell you.
Red Blaze
It's doing it again. Just what's going on over there? dry.gif
Vanya
You site is working on my local computer too. Try to ping thesonicjoint.com
jchrastina
www.thesonicjoint.com loads okay (< 2 seconds) in Philadelphia, PA on an IBM ThinkPad 2Ghz with W2K on a T1 circuit.
JimC
Red Blaze
It's not working on my end, it's still down. =/ So if it's not the server that is the problem, what is?
Red Blaze
It's not working on my end, it's still down. =/ So if it's not the server that is the problem, what is?
Red Blaze
Red Blaze

EDIT: I'm so sorry about the triple post. I didn't know the refesh button would do that. =S
Vanya
It can be ISP cache issue.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here