Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Uptime & Reliability
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Supermoo
In regard to your "You can host 10! Domains within one big ecommerce enabled plan (1000 Mb Diskspace, 30 Gb bandwidth) for just as low as $9.85/mo." offer, I've just got a few questions, I hope you don't mind.

I noticed on your network page of your website it claimed "ensure[s] 100% network availability", I was just wondering if there is any "uptime guarantee" available, and how this is measured? Also, have you got any brief uptime statistics available for previous months?
Serge
We have 99% uptime guarantee. 100% you saw on the network page means 100% network avaliability, but not uptime because server uptime includes hardware + software + network.

We have BGP routing setup and this means that if any connection to the datacenter fails traffic will go through other pipe.
100% network SLA covers only datacenter connections but not the whole Internet.
In case there will be a problem on op backbone or some local ISP fails and you won't be able to access your site just because of local ISP failure or transit provider it won't be covered by SLA because server will be still online and connected to the internet for the rest of the world.

We don't have any SLA agreements for our customers and just noted on the network that we have the one with our providers to show that network is reliable enough that our providers put a guarantee on it.
Supermoo
Thank you for your response Serge.

Could you please explain the acronym SLA for me, it's going over my head a bit at the moment.

Also I noticed your 99% uptime guarantee in the hosting plans page. It states if your monitoring system reports more than 1% of downtime the month, a credit will be issued on the next purchase, could you please give me a bit more information about this monitoring system.

Thank you.
Alec
SLA is service level agreement

If server uptime will less than 99% we upgrade our customers accounts to the next level or provide with any other compensation.
Supermoo
Thank you for getting back to me and answering my questions.

Much appreciated. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here