Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: two months of emails disappear *poof*
Hostony Board > General Support > Mail
blackburnrovers
i looked in my inbox today, and mail from 7/23/2003 to 9/18/2003 was gone. everything outside of that date range was there. not only that, from my 15 odd mailbox folders, all those date ranges are gone too. doesn't matter if i used outlook, webmail, pine, or any other client, they are all missing.

the other thing is, they are missing from both e-mail accounts that i host on my server. how could this possibly have happened? anyone have any ideas?

nothing yet from support except saying i might have deleted all that mail. doubtful that i went through every folder i have and deleted that date range of e-mails. also my brother would have had to have done it simultaneously to his email since i don't know his password.

this is a crazy event, and i really need that e-mail. hopefully through their backups can figure out what the heck happened. if you have any ideas, please let us know!
blackburnrovers
hostony support to the rescue. the e-mail is back!
blackburnrovers
spoke too soon, the email disappeared again... sad.gif
Alec
Your mail is not gone. It is stored in your private folder mail. But sometimes for some reason the additional mail folder are disappeared from webmail client. We are trying to find the problem and need for it login names and passwords for your main mail account and account arvind.
Alec
I've found your mail in Horde. It is stored on the server since June and July
blackburnrovers
so, i moved servers some time ago, and now the messages seemed to have gotten confused between the old and new servers. we will have to move the old messages from the old server to the new server. how easy that is, i don't know. good luck alec!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here