Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A few hosting questions ;)
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
smikwily
I'm currently hosted on HostRocket, but have been looking for another host since I have a few other sites (nothing major) that I want to host as well, and I don't want to pay for multiple hosting packages.

But I do have a few questions. I found you through the IBResource.com site, so I know that I'll be able to host my IBf board with you, so that's part of my worries taken care of there.

I'm asking this for myself and a friend who is checking you out as well. Is PHP "register_globals" set to On? We have a few scripts we can't run on our site because that option is off.

Finally, the site we currently have is in ASP. Will your hosting support that? We've had a few things that we've tried to run on our current host that we can't because they won't allow us to install third party components, but if the register_globals is on, we should be able to find PHP based alternatives for a few items.

Thanks. You are currently looking like a new host for me smile.gif
But I do have a few questions. I found you through the IBResource.com site, so I know that I'll be able to host my IBf board with you, so that's part of my worries taken care of there.
Yes you can host it.

I'm asking this for myself and a friend who is checking you out as well. Is PHP "register_globals" set to On? We have a few scripts we can't run on our site because that option is off.

Below you can see parameters of our php instllation.

"register_globals" set to On

http://hostony.com/phpinfo.php

Also php allows to change some variables on per domain basis.
So if some feature you may need is off we can consider to turn it on just for your domain if it is possible.

Finally, the site we currently have is in ASP. Will your hosting support that? We've had a few things that we've tried to run on our current host that we can't because they won't allow us to install third party components, but if the register_globals is on, we should be able to find PHP based alternatives for a few items.

We have Apache::ASP which is completely not the same as Microsoft's ASP and uses perl syntax. You can read more about it at www.apache-asp.org

We also have couple RAQ 4i boxes running Chilisoft ASP which is compatible with Microsofts. So, in worst case we can host some of your domains that require ASP on RAQs. But once again our standard server install has perl-like ASP and I would strongly reccomend for you to consider find php alternatives.

Personally I think PHP is better. But it is not to start a PHP-vs-ASP flame smile.gif
smikwily
Thanks a lot for your response. I think I may give you a shot, but I'll forward the ASP info to my buddy. Thanks again biggrin.gif
smikwily
BTW, I think there might be a configuration issue with PHPbb. The notification I got from this thread has a link to http://forum.hostony.com/home/forumh/publi...pic.php?p=12#12, which doesn't work.

I also signed up with you guys. Looking forward to getting set up smile.gif
Shurik
All links are working now. Thanks for your help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here