Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some pre-buying questions
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Ben Londa
Hello,

I currently run my website from an incredibly wonderful hosting company who offers unlimited bandwidth for a very low price...I have been a customer of theirs for 3+ years now, however they do not allow multiple-site hosting - which I need now.

I have been looking at your packages and am concerned about the bandwidth issues. Honestly, I can't estimate how much 10 GB a month exactly is. And what happens if I happen to go over that? Does my site shut down, do I get notified, or do I get charged extra?

Basically what I need is as follows:
- ability to host 2 sites, maybe 3
- 300-400 MB space

...and that's all. I am looking for the most cost-effective, stable deal I can find.

Can you help me?
Alec
When your account will take a bandwidth in excess Your site won't be suspended but you will need to pay for extra bandwidth.

We have some packages which may be suitable for you:

Advanced package: 500 Mb diskspace / 15 Gb data transfer / 2 domains / $9.85 - $14.85 monhtly (depending on billing period)
Power: 800 Mb / 50 Gb / 5 domains / $14.85 - $19.85
Hot Special offer: 1000 Mb / 30 Gb / 10 domains / $ 9.85 - $12.85
Serge
10 Gb allows you to serve about 200.000 250.000 pageviews monthly.

Basically if you were ok with you unlimited host for 3 years 10 Gb should be enough for you. There is always a limit such hosts has that is fixed in last pages of their agreement. Since you did not have any problems with them it means that you have not crossed the limit where 'unlimited' plan becomes a loss to your host.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here