Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
GBB
Found your site and am interested in a reseller package. Do you allow video streaming this is for a church. how about selling domain names can I use you or how can I start selling them? If I use you how much? Do you have a Phone number I can call you? I have a lot of Questions. After reading though your forum Im a little scared seams like your having a lot of problems?

GBB
Tim
Just a little input from a relatively new user of about 4 months...

I'm not sure how long hostony has been in business but they seem like a "growing" company. That process usually requires a little patience by all. I've experienced quite a few issues recently when one of their servers was having a problem and I was transferred to a new server, but the people at hostony seemed to be very dedicated at working through the problems.

One of the biggest and forever growing problems is hackers... who are usually "wanna-be" programmers or programmers who couldn't make it as professoinals and end up taking their frustrations out by using their limited knowledge of one or two aspects of programming and exploit those limited abilities by making the whole world aware of it by creating viruses, or hacking into internet server systems. Hackers have a negative effect on every hosting company and it can often seem like the most problems are occuring with the company that is hosting your own sites but that isn't usually the case.

Some of what I think is very commendable about hostony is their attempt to keep updated to the most current releases of server software and what appears to be a dedication to giving good tech support. Even though it may seem like to some that the tech support may not always be as quick as is possible, that's often the case when you're the one in need of it and the minutes seem to tick by like hours.

My first experience with a hosting company was many years ago when the only way to access the servers we were on was by telnet and everything was done working at the command line with very cumbersome text editors such as "sedit" and little fancier versions like the "vi" editor. These days there are really cool GUI interfaces to deal with the workings of your site and hostony seems to have the latest of all such things.

I give hostony a good rating and although I don't know if any of what I'm writing here will effect your decision, I would recommend them.

Tim
Serge
GBB

I guess I answered major part of your questions in AIM. In case you have more please feel free to talk to me again.

As for the problems. We do have our part of the problems and as for now still have to move to server to Dual Xeon platforms in order to solve load programs especially at the moments when backups are done.

Tim
Thank you for recommending us.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here