Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transfer Domain
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Anonymous
Hi,
I am interested in hosting my site with hostony, but I already have the domain, can I buy a plan and transfer my domain here?
Aveed Khaki
How's it going Licht?

Well the simplest answer to your question is yes smile.gif. You can have a domain with pretty much any registrar and be able to host wherever you want. You do NOT need to transfer domains anywhere so don't try and do it, it'll just take longer for your domain to be hosted correctly. You will on the other hand, after purchasing your hosting plan, need to point your domain's dns to ns1.hostony.com and ns2.hostony.com. Once again you do not need to transfer anything anywhere, just simply purchase the hosting plan. smile.gif

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Aveed Khaki
www.ipsilonblue.com
Peak19
Question: Where are these domain DNS located? Are they located on program ipswitch aka FTP..?

Also, does hostony offer registeration of new domain names?

Appreciate your replies!

Cheers!
Peak19
Shurik
When you register a domain name your registrar gives you access to web control panel of this domain. Then, when you logged in to your registrar's account you can find section "DNS" there.
Usually after registering a new domain there will be nameservers of your domain name registrar (a few records like ns1.somedomain.com, ns2.somedomain.com).

These nameservers handle all important information about your domain - main IP, subdomains IPs, mail server IPs etc.

So, to point your domain on to our server you need to put our nameservers there (ns1.hostony.com or ns2.hostony.com or ns3.hostony.com etc). We provide you with two nameservers after your purchase hosting account.

As for the registration of new doman names. Yes, we do it. But we are not registrar, we just have reseller account on enom.com and register domain names there.
We register new domains (and transfer existing domain) on enom.com for $14.85. Also we give access to enom web control panel for managing your domain name - changing whois information, nameservers for example.
Anonymous
The Crazy Special plan's 1000MB of storage and 30GB of bandwidth provides plenty of space and transfer for all your sites and downloads. Starting at only $9.85/month, this plan is a perfect choice for personal use or small business.

Is it really $9.85/month? if it is WOW :shock:. Do you do 36/48 month plan? will i get more discount? Cuz i think if the price is $9.85 for all that stuff you are offering, i'll definitely stay with you guyz for more than 24 months biggrin.gif

Just about couple of weeks ago, i bought a domain and hosted my website with the same company. Whats the procedure of transferring hosting companies.

do you support Openbb forum, cuz in your terms and condition it says no CGI scripts. I dont even know if openbb is a php or cgi. And What about pearl scripts, I have bought a pearl script from http://www.russianlondon.com/scripts/freevf/ will I be able to use this script?

What is Irc Bots?
Wat are Wares sites?

Thanks.
Y.K.Y.
Anonymous
No, undortunetely we cannot do more discounts for longer periods than 24 months.

As I see openbbis php based. So we allow to use it.

If that company gave you domain interface you'll just change their namservers ot ours.

In case they did not do that than we can transfer your domain to enom.com at $14.85/year and gave you domain interface & setup for our hosting.

perl scripts can be run on our servers. If you'll need some specific modules we can install them.

Irc bots are used to do something in chat automatically like generate sentances issue commands, etc.

Warez is stolen software. Software that are not allowed by their copyright owners to be distributed, etc.

Also our special should have ended 31 January. But our designer still have not completed with several changes on the site. So we prolong it for couple days smile.gif
Serge
The previous post was by me. Just forgot to login smile.gif
Anonymous
will i still be able to apply for the special offer?

Y.K.Y
Shurik
Yes as long as you see it on the site you can apply.
Anonymous
I'm using cPanelGui V1.0.5 with my old host, will i be able to use this same program with you guyz. I know i can use Cpanel but not to sure about cPanelGui.

Y.K.Y.
Shurik
Yes, you can use it.
This ability is always turned on for CPanel 4 and we never had problems connecting cPanelGui to our CPanel.
Anonymous
Just wanted to say thanks for helping me. I'm just filling your order form now. I see you guyz around.

THANKS
Y.K.Y.
Serge
No problem.

Welcome to Hostony.
yky
Hi, i've just registered myself on this forum. My order went through, and i'm waiting for a reply. Once again, i wanted to say a big thanks to all you guyz for providing me with the info.

Best Regards.
Y.K.Y.
Shurik
Hello. Creating account for you now. Will send within 20 minutes smile.gif
yky
Shurik:
Hello. Creating account for you now. Will send within 20 minutes

WOOOOW, i'm impressed.

Y.K.Y.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here