Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spammers Using Domain
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
pftq
Just checked my email to find 210 messages claiming I sent spam. dry.gif What can be done about that? Certainly I do not see spam from companies like Google or Amazon.
MarkM
There's no way to fight this. Just have your SPF Record setup and your IP won't get blacklisted by any of the recipients' systems.
pftq
*sigh* It seems Hostony has just given up on this and refuses to set up an SPF record. What is the con having one? huh.gif
MarkM
There's really no con to it. It takes quite some effort to install one though.

Do you have access to WHM?
pftq
I'm on linux.

It's strange though - I've had Hostony set it up 3 times already, but after a while they take it down again. I've pretty much given up bugging them again to install it.
MarkM
Oh, maybe it's because they've transferred you to different servers?

or

Maybe because they run a cPanel script that flushes all DNS records back to cPanel defaults for security and to run a clean system.
Dima
Dear pftq,for which domain name do you want us to set up an SPF record?
pftq
Hi, the domain I have is www.pftq.com

Subdomains would be affected as well I hope?

Thanks
Dima
A correct SPF record has been added for your domain.
MarkM
PFTQ, if you'd like to see that they have in-fact installed it, run your domain in the top tool on this page.

Happy Hosting! biggrin.gif
Dima
Input accepted, querying now...

SPF records are primarily published in DNS as TXT records. The TXT records found for your domain are:

v=spf1 ip4:69.72.157.70 a mx a:theta.fastbighost.com mx:domain.com include:theta.fastbighost.com -all

SPF records should also be published in DNS as type SPF records. This is new and most implementations do not support it yet.
No type SPF records found.

Checking to see if there is a valid SPF record.

Found v=spf1 record for pftq.com
v=spf1 ip4:69.72.157.70 a mx a:theta.fastbighost.com mx:domain.com include:theta.fastbighost.com -all

evaluating...
Results - PermError SPF Permanent Error: No valid SPF record for included domain: theta.fastbighost.com: include:theta.fastbighost.com

This proves that SPF has been installed biggrin.gif
MarkM
Yep, another round of applause to the support team! biggrin.gif
pftq
Excellent! Thanks alot! biggrin.gif
Dima
Anytime,pftq biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here