Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bandwidth Hogs...Server Crashes
Hostony Board > General Support > Suggestions
aaron2003
This message regards requests for websites for my customers. Lately I have had many timeouts and at times not even a website comes up for my customers. I am at this moment presenting a demo online courseware program. We were about to show our forums and of course time and time again a MySQL error occurs where I cannot connect to my database and or a timeout occurs and I get the error message displaying on the screen detailing my failed connection completely. I have been told by Hostony support 2 weeks ago that someone is taking down the server with requests to a database. It is aparent to me that they have yet to accomplish a move of these accounts to a different server more capable of handling the problem... dry.gif

...still waiting for satisfaction

Aaron

pixelphish.com
blackbeardhosting.com
art-south.com
notoriousink.com
buckinghamiii.com
Vanya
This is really strange problem you discribed here. We don't have any problems with MySQL. If you want to move your doamin to another our server add a trouble ticket at hpps://support.hostony.com/ and explain there why do you want to do that so we may deside if we should move it.
aaron2003
QUOTE(Vanya @ Aug 26 2003, 10:02 PM)
This is really strange problem you discribed here. We don't have any problems with MySQL.

Perhaps this might shead some light on the subject....

CODE
DBI connect('mysql:localhost','root',...) failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 42 DBI connect('mysql:localhost','root',...) failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 42 ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

CODE
DBI connect('mysql:localhost','root',...) failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 42 ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) /usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)' Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' exists! ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) /usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)' Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' exists!

CODE
DBI connect('mysql:localhost','root',...) failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Mysql.pm line 42 ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) localhost

...hummm looks like a database connection problem doesn't it? I am hosting my site on server8.fastbighost.com

Thank you
Aaron
Serge
This time it was me who reconfigured mysql sortingcache in attempt to make mysql use less memory. It was in reaction to your other post you made couple hours be for in General support forums. As I see it helped to free some more memory for mysql.

As we promised we are moving everybody to dual CPU Xeons. We are a bit out of schedule but to make the move without big problems for customers. So we need about 1 -1.5 month to move a server. Because we first need to move nameservers then copy sites and allow customers to check that everything is ok on the new server then if needed to synchhronize DBs and point nameservers to the new site.
It is should be done for hundreds of domains and we can mova only 2 servers per month.

Now Sergey is copying your sites out of teh order to a Dual Xeon and will contact you shortly.
Thank you for your patience.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here