Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Many MySql connections are allowed ?
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
smartboyinuk
I run a movie image/pic gallery and consume about 22-24GB of bandwidth(image sizes around 120kb) per month with 350,000 page views per month.

The gallery uses php and mysql. I am also planning to run vbulletin and oscommerce.

I am thinking about the gold package which allows me to host 10 websites.

What is the maximum number of mysql connections allowed ?

If I am allowed 30GB of bandwidth per month - which equates to roughly 1GB per month. Now I get more traffic on some particular days and low traffic on other days - would hostony restrict my bandwidth consumption per day ? i.e. on some days I may consume 2GB per day and on other days I may consume 0.5 GB per day but on the whole the consumption would be under the alloted 30GB per day ...

Please let me know the above issues to help me finalise the hosting.

Thanks,

S
Serge
What is the maximum number of mysql connections allowed ?
At the moment we don't restrict number of connections you can have as long as you don't cosume all the connections of MySQL.

MySQL has a pool of 150 connections and in case you use 75 connections when all other sites just 30 connections leaving free 45 connections it is ok.
We can change our policy at a later time in case we'll have a lot of mysql abusers and won't be able to manage them manually.

Also we don't limit bandwidth om particular day and only count total bandwidth for the month.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here