Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slow Servers Lately?
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
pftq
Has anyone else found their sites rather slow the past week or so? Usually the pages load in seconds, but I've found even simple HTML (non-PHP or anything) are taking about 5 seconds to fully load. Forums and galleries take longer and sometimes load half way or none at all.

I checked the server status and the load appears just fine. Opened a ticket and Hostony says site is working (which is true, but not really the issue).

Another observation is that uploading 10MB via FTP is taking about 20 min, when it usually takes me 5 minutes or less and half the time I get a time-out.
MartinB
QUOTE(pftq @ Oct 6 2007, 06:56 PM) *
Has anyone else found their sites rather slow the past week or so? Usually the pages load in seconds, but I've found even simple HTML (non-PHP or anything) are taking about 5 seconds to fully load. Forums and galleries take longer and sometimes load half way or none at all.

I checked the server status and the load appears just fine. Opened a ticket and Hostony says site is working (which is true, but not really the issue).

Another observation is that uploading 10MB via FTP is taking about 20 min, when it usually takes me 5 minutes or less and half the time I get a time-out.

we noted slownes specially on ftp transfers
pftq
Still experiencing this problem... anyway to fix this?

Some of my members are complaining that the FTP will not let them finish their transfer at all (uploads of ~50MB). Constantly timing out. Checked the FTP Quota and it's 3GB so it shouldn't be a problem...
MarkM
If this is a cPanel server, take a look at the "Service Status" and see if anything specific seems to be above average.

Then this will give you some detail to include in your ticket to HOSTONY.
pftq
Unfortunately, the only things above average (which I assume would be not green) is:

Disk /dev/sda6 (/home) 93 %
Disk /dev/sdb6 (/backup) 100 %

However, those are always that high and Hostony did not change them the last time I reported it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here