Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Package Suggestion
Hostony Board > General > Pre-Sales Questions
Maelos
This post is for the discussion of Hostony services as they apply to my needs. I will begin by outlining what I wish to have and my considered options. I would then appreciate any comments or suggestions either toward one of the presented options or another that I have yet to discover.

Firstly I would like to transfer my current domain, maelos.org . Questions:
    Will I be able to pay $15 a year to have Hostony register this domain yearly?
    Will Hostony be able to transfer databases? I can do this manually, or with Hostony assistance, but I am trying to gauge transition time.
The "free domain" given with a shared hosting package, lets say xyz.com.
    Will I be able to keep this as an addon domain to my main domain, maelos.org?
    If so, will I have to pay monthly ($2.50) for the addon feature, or will this be free of charge? (so that I may keep both domains running)
And now to the options:

I wish to host my friends domain over the summer months. I will likely be hosting it for May, June, July, and August. At $2.50 a month this will be $10 with shared hosting.

Would it be better for me to purchase...

a.) Share hosting with an addon domain for my friends site over the summer
    + Larger transfer and space
    - More expensive if my free domain is considered an addon
or

b.) reseller hosting with the basic plan to hold 5 domains.
    + Less expensive if my free domain is considered an addon
    - Less Transfer and space
Any suggestions? I plan on moving to this host for quite a long time, so if there are any additional options for "loyalty" please let me know. If there are other things I should know about, prepare for, or consider, please let me know. I have been having issues with my previous host, and while I have remained across a few bumps, I am no longer willing to stay. I use my sites as a digital playground so that I can have an area to experiment with (web site development and such), but also to help other communities and friends grow. I don't need a second job constantly monitoring and backing up the site, that is something I hope to be moderately blind to.

Thanks for the advice in advance.
MartinB
I think, if you only plan to host your friends websites, choose a shared multidomain package.

But If you want sell hosting, with your own packages, and a full independant cpanel account for each website, choose a reseller package.

Remember than a multidomain account provide only 1 cpanel account and you manage your websites settings from only one cpanel. (surely you will not like to give your cpanel username/password to your friends.)

So, for your friends you can provide ftp accounts for each addons only. And if they want pop accounts etc you must setup them for your friends.

Dima
Martin thanks for your help rolleyes.gif
Dima

Dear Maelos, here are the answers to your questions:

1)The registration the domain will cost $14.85 per year

2) Yes, we can transfer your databases by means of FTP or you can do this manually by means of FTP.It doesn't matter much.

3) You will be able to add any domain as addon domain for maelos.org.The addon domain feature is free,you won't have to pay anything for it.

All the other questions has been answered by Martin and I completely agree with him.

Shared hosting is used just for hosting accounts for some time and reseller hosting is for those people who would like to sell hosting to other people
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here