Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Disabling default mailbox
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
pftq
Is there a way to remove the default mailbox? I stick to my primary sbc email and have it all forwarded. I didn't realize that all the email to the domain still went to the site. I just checked for the first time in almost a year and have a few thousand emails unread in my site webmail. blink.gif

I'm talking about the default usercom email. It stores all the errors, etc such as failed emails to forum members.
MarkM
Are you using cPanel?
pftq
Yes
MarkM
Ok, just change it to "fail: no such address here"
pftq
Change what?
MarkM
Login to cPanel > Mail > Default Address > Set Default Address > Select the Domain from the Dropdown Menu and Type ":fail: no such address here" in the box > Click the Change Button

Cheers.
pftq
I already have that set to my default email. sad.gif No reason it should still be sent to the site email right?
MarkM
Yes, correct!
pftq
So any idea why it still does so then? blink.gif
MarkM
Check your mail forwarders. Other than that, it can't be. :smile:
pftq
Nope - none of the forwarders have problems. I have a catch-all set up as well so it can't be ppl sending to non-existing addresses.

I'm thinking these are bounceback emails for stuff like forums, where the forum sends out activation emails and the member puts in fake emails or something.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here