Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kappa server bloqued by hotmail
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
MartinB
Hello:

The server Kappa is bloqued by hotmail service. Server Kappa users can't send mails to users with @hotmail.com addresses.

Emails are bounced back with the following message:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

------@hotmail.com
SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<------@------.com> SIZE=2368:
host mx4.hotmail.com [65.54.244.232]: 550 Your e-mail was rejected for policy reasons on this gateway. Reasons for rejection may be related to content such as obscene language, graphics, or spam-like characteristics (or) other reputation problems. For sender troubleshooting information, please go to http://postmaster.msn.com. Please note:
if you are an end-user please contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for assistance.

Is not a problem of the "content", it happen to all email accounts on server kappa, no matter if you try sending a plain text simple email from the webmail or a complex html message, both are bounced back.

We need a fast resolution, if somebody here have a usefull tip, we will really apreciate the help.
Yan
Dear Martin,
Hotmail provided new rules for incoming mail. Therefor, if you send e-mail to @hotmail.com you need to have SPF record.
Please, write a ticket and we will install that for you.
MartinB
QUOTE(Yan @ Apr 11 2007, 09:22 AM) *
Dear Martin,
Hotmail provided new rules for incoming mail. Therefor, if you send e-mail to @hotmail.com you need to have SPF record.
Please, write a ticket and we will install that for you.

Thank you, but we add SPF (I have a ticket opened FD-70830)

but I want user contributions too.

pftq
I've already had Hostony set up an SPF but hotmail still cannot receive from my website. dry.gif
MarkM
Maybe some spammer sent out mail from the server and got it blacklisted on their system.

Maybe you will have to change its IP address to become whitelisted. (PS: Hotmail does not greylist, just white and black so that's how I figure kappa is on the black list.)
MartinB
We are testing now with a very advanced SPF record, I will let you know the results.
MartinB
Tested with negative results.

still can't send mail to hotmail from the server Kappa.

Hostony: You can't change the ip for Exim to test with other ip ?
MartinB
Hello, sorry but I forgot to come here earlier and comment to everybody than the problem with hotmail was fixed some weeks ago.
Thank you suppor team for dealing with HotMail support!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here