Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: point subdomain to a dir
Hostony Board > Cpanel/WebHost Manager support > Cpanel DNS
drian
Hi

How can I point a subdomain to a specific directory? Assume you want to set up the subdomains wiki.domain1.net and wiki.domain2.net, both of them will point to the /wiki folder on your webspace, which is not desired. So is there a way to point wiki.domain1.net to the folder /domain1/wiki/ and wiki.domain2.net to /domain2/wiki/ ?

Thank you
Adrian Henke
Lehrer
Drian,

you just create the subdomains in your cpanel. Each subdomain will be a folder inside the domain to which you refer the sub-domain.
MartinB
QUOTE(drian @ Mar 11 2007, 06:28 AM) *
wiki.domain1.net and wiki.domain2.net

same subdomain, different domains, surely addon domains.

good question.

MarkM
Are you using cPanel? If so, you can make the domain an addon domain, create that sub-domain for it and then in the sub-domain area, setup the redirection. blink.gif

EDIT-IN:
So, do this -
1) Log in to cPanel > Addon Domains
2) Add the second domain in there. (Make sure it's already pointed to hostony's nameservers)
3) Click the "Home" button and then select "Subdomain"
4) Make the sub-domain for the domain you've just added on, and for your main domain too
5) Use the forms at the bottom of the page to setup the redirection of the new subdomain and anything else.

Hope this helps. Please let me know.
drian
thx for the replies, will try that this evening.
MarkM
Great. Please let me know if that works or not. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here