Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attention!!!
Hostony Board > General > News and Announcements
Lehrer
Dear Hostony customers,

an UNPLANNED maintenance, i.e. kernel reconfiguration is currently being performed on the server. This may take several hours, so we kindly ask for your patience and apologize for temporary inconveniences.
MartinB
editted "by me" smile.gif
MarkM
QUOTE(MartinB @ Jan 31 2007, 06:18 PM) *
editted

What was your message, Martin? Please PM it to me - I'm curious.
Lehrer
Martin edited the message himself, it was not edited from our side
Lehrer
UPDATE:

Our technicians have already reinstalled the operating system and are almost through with all the configuration stuff. They are now installing mod_security module and after the process is completed, apache will start working and most sites will be accessible and visible in the web.
MoJo
So what was the actual problem?

A fault or a move to a new server?
MartinB
QUOTE(MoJo @ Feb 1 2007, 10:00 AM) *
So what was the actual problem?

A fault or a move to a new server?

As I know, a OS kernel crash. They reloaded the kernel on the server.

As per me, all is working ok again.

thank you hostony support team!
MoJo
Dead again.

Come on guys, my customers are screaming at me. No websites or email for over 12 hours.
MartinB
QUOTE(MoJo @ Feb 1 2007, 04:48 PM) *
Dead again.

What's the reson this time?

I don't know, I have not jet a response to my ticket.

surely they are working hard on it.

any updates will be greatly apreciated.
MartinB
Latest update from support team:

The server is currently experiencing the root partition problem.We are doing our best to restore all the data as quickly as possible. 45 minutes are left till the restoring process is over. I guess the server ig going to be accessible in 1-2 hours
Please accept our apology for the caused inconveniences.Your patience is highly appreciated.
MoJo
Thank God !!

Finally back up.

It's working, don't touch anything.
Yan
We had some problems with file system on the server; resize_inode ext3 feature of the file system had corrupted filesystem that prevented server to boot normally. Hence we could loose all information from it. Though we were able to force server boot we decided not to take any risk and fix the filesystem in order to avoid possible customers' data corruption in future.These two days we were working very hard to solve this problem and we are deeply sorry for the delay in answers for some tickets.Now the server is working and with the fresh breath is ready to be a reliable shelter for your sites.
MartinB
QUOTE(MoJo @ Feb 1 2007, 08:41 PM) *
Thank God !!

Finally back up.

It's working, don't touch anything.

LOL! I second that.

thanks support team for the work
Dima
You are welcome Martin biggrin.gif ( Martin wrote in the ticket yesterday: ....a couple of days ago? I am dead...... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif ).This was about our backup biggrin.gif

Don't worry Martin,be happy biggrin.gif
MartinB
QUOTE(Dima @ Feb 2 2007, 11:08 PM) *
You are welcome Martin biggrin.gif ( Martin wrote in the ticket yesterday: ....a couple of days ago? I am dead...... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif ).This was about our backup biggrin.gif

Don't worry Martin,be happy biggrin.gif

Yeah, I'm still alive, but not completely, after the ~24 hours down ...... " biggrin.gif "
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here