Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: File Upload Time Out
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
pftq
I can't seem upload anything over 10 megs to my site (this is both in a custom script and coppermine galleries).

I did a bit of reading and found something about setting the timeout in the PHP ini file. Well I don't exactly have access to that on a shared server now do I? tongue.gif

Is there any other way or maybe Hostony can lend a hand here? biggrin.gif
MarkM
You must be uploading through the cPanel file manager.

Have you tried FTP?
Lehrer
pftq,

Cpanel web interface is used to upload small files, and this restriction of 10 MB is set on all the servers and these are the settings that we are not going to change.

Please follow Mark's advice and upload larger files via FTP.
pftq
No I'm uploading through a Coppermine Gallery script - but I suppose it's the same way.
MarkM
QUOTE(pftq @ Jan 28 2007, 12:16 AM) *
No I'm uploading through a Coppermine Gallery script - but I suppose it's the same way.

You can do this for windows or mac: I put a little icon on my desktop, which is basically a remote folder (ftp) for my coppermine gallery.

I just drag my photos in there, they upload in a flash, I log in to coppermind gall. and tell it where to put these new uploads. Just like magic, they're in there.

Here's my gall.: http://galleries.sanferhost.com
MartinB
QUOTE(pftq @ Jan 28 2007, 05:16 AM) *

With Coppermine Gallerys, you can upload all the files to a folder of your server using FTP (I recommend you FileZilla as FTP CLIENT program. It's free and great).

then go to the Coppermine Gallery, login as admin, and go to "Batch" option to add pictures, it will read your folder and add all the pictures to the desired album, create the thumbs, etc etc.

It's the best way to insert various pictures to your coppermine gallery.

enjoy!
MarkM
QUOTE(MartinB @ Jan 29 2007, 08:31 AM) *
With Coppermine Gallerys, you can upload all the files to a folder of your server using FTP (I recommend you FileZilla as FTP CLIENT program. It's free and great).

then go to the Coppermine Gallery, login as admin, and go to "Batch" option to add pictures, it will read your folder and add all the pictures to the desired album, create the thumbs, etc etc.

It's the best way to insert various pictures to your coppermine gallery.

enjoy!

I've been outposted again!
MartinB
Oh, sorry Mark, you are right, when I begin reading the "...I put a little icon on my desktop,..." I just stop reading tongue.gif

sorry about that, I see now than we are talking basicly about the same!
MarkM
QUOTE(MartinB @ Jan 29 2007, 09:30 AM) *
Oh, sorry Mark, you are right, when I begin reading the "...I put a little icon on my desktop,..." I just stop reading

blink.gif ohmy.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif
pftq
Yes I do use that, but this is for members of my gallery - I don't want to give them all FTP access. tongue.gif
MarkM
QUOTE(pftq @ Jan 30 2007, 04:32 PM) *
Yes I do use that, but this is for members of my gallery - I don't want to give them all FTP access. tongue.gif

It's simple. Either change the setting in Coppermine's admin area or make sure they upload less than 10MB at a time.

Please keep us posted. biggrin.gif
MartinB
QUOTE(MarkM @ Jan 31 2007, 03:58 AM) *
It's simple. Either change the setting in Coppermine's admin area or make sure they upload less than 10MB at a time.

Please keep us posted. biggrin.gif

talking about photos, 10mb is a LOT of files if there are well optimized for the web. If your members upload pictures in batchs of more than 10mb, surely the big problem will be the php post timeout and not only upload limit smile.gif

P.S: ph34r.gif hush! ... there are php_suexec servers, so you can create a php.ini in the folder where your script reside and change the php limits for your preference.... shhhh... Lehrer will be not happy with this because you will be *maybe* violating some AUP and your account can be suspended if you overload the server... you know, follow the rules and you will have no any problems ph34r.gif wink.gif

P.S. 2: Be sure to filter the type of files they can upload and to have your coppermine updated to the LATEST version. There are tons of kids hacking coppermine gallerys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here