Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Servers off-line
Hostony Board > General Support > General Support
loanshark
sad.gif I work very hard to get high rankings on Google and Yahoo for my clients. Most are consistently in the top 20 for Google and Yahoo. But it seems that as soon as I reach that apex and have a happy client, there is a server problem here at Hostony and the robots and spiders can't find my sites. Down again into the pits and I have to start all over again.

What good is it to perform high level SEO, only to have it wiped out in one day because a server is down? This has been consistent since my start with Hostony 3 years ago.

There simply has to be a way to provide true 98% uptime on these servers. If one server is down for updates or maintenance, move the domains to a mirror backup. Everyone else does it - why can't Hostony achieve this level of service?

I keep wanting to recommend Hostony to others, or even advertise it on some of my sites - but I'm afraid to do so. You've got great pricing and your customer service is outstanding -except for the fact that the servers are down so much. Maybe the hard drives are overloaded, or maybe the systems are just not up to PAR - I don't know. I just keep hoping that someday Hostony gets its act together and really achieves the greatness that we all hope for.

Loan Shark
MarkM
I'm sure they will transfer you to another server if you ask/insist.
Lehrer
loanshark,
I appreciate your comments.
To tell you the truth the pricing wouldn't have been so great in case we ran two identical servers. I believe the cheapest plan would have cost 4-5 times more than now.
Not long before, about several months ago, we have upgraded all our servers and moved them to much more powerful nodes with more memory and system resources. But you would probably agree with me that not all the customers are honest smile.gif and not all of them follow the AUP agreement.
I mean that there are factors which influence server's uptime that can't be dealt with so easily and often do not depend on the quality of the support/customer service.

Anyways, if you wish to have your account transferred to another server, you can have this done. Just submit a new ticket on our secure page and support will take care of that.

Lehrer
MartinB
or you can get a VPS server, where your account will be isolated from the rest and running your own services, daemons, and resources not sharing with the rest. VPS usually improve uptime a lot (if the VPS provider is good and do not overload the hardware node, of course.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here