Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Registration on our Forum
Hostony Board > General > Anything and Everything
Dima
By the way, from now if a customer wants to get registered on our forum he won't be able to do it himself.

In order to register an account the customer will have to open a trouble ticket at http://support.hostony.com and our administrators will register an acount for him.

This is done for security measures and in order not to get so much Spam as it was earlier.

Hope for your understanding

Hostony Support Department biggrin.gif
MartinB
Sound great to fight spam, but, this measure keep away from posting questions to all the "potential" clients who want ask something previous to buy a hostony package. (I meant, the "Pre-sales forum" lose sense)

just my 2 cents.
Dima
I agree with you Martin,but we don't have another way out.It's the decision of our boss cool.gif
MartinB
QUOTE(Dima @ Dec 4 2006, 04:50 PM) *
I agree with you Martin,but we don't have another way out.It's the decision of our boss cool.gif

Is ok, not a problem for me smile.gif

If I remember well, the version 2.2+ include CAPTCHA code for posting smile.gif
Dima
Absolutely right, Martin. IP.Board version 2.2 really has CAPTCHA code for posting
MarkM
Hmmm. This idea sounds familiar for some reason
QUOTE(MarkMutti @ Nov 25 2006, 01:43 PM) *
...I think HOSTONY should maybe temporarily disable forum registration for a while, until these people remove HOSTONY from their list of attacks.

Any ideas? blink.gif

Hahahah wink.gif
Dima
Hahahah wink.gif

Yes, Mark, I am as good as my word biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here